Drones let you capture unique vantage points using their state-of-the-art technology, revolutionizing aerial photography. Thanks to drones, you can now shoot stunning scenery from the sky with ease.
Do you want to turn your photos into unforgettable memories? In that case, take magnificent aerial shots with your ANAFI drone in the Adobe DNG/RAW format and edit them using Adobe Creative Cloud. The photos taken using the Adobe DNG/RAW format contain the raw data recorded by ANAFI’s 21MP sensor, giving you endless post-production possibilities.
Take your creativity to the next level by enhancing your Instagram account!
Photo taken by Sam Green
In this article, you’ll find lots of tips and advice on how to exploit the full potential of your flying camera a.k.a ANAFI.
ANAFI allows you to shoot breathtaking photos that you can then edit, organize, stock and share using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC.
Tip 1: Find a breathtaking landscape
- It is important to find an outstanding area to photograph that would benefit from a bird’s eye view. An area where you can work with shadows, perspectives and verticality, enabling you to capture a unique angle like no other.
- ANAFI features a wide-angle camera that can tilt 180° thanks to the camera’s cutting-edge capacities, you have access to new creative possibilities.
Photo taken by Christian Als
Tip 2: Timing is everything
- Be very aware of the lighting around you, it’s crucial to take a photograph at the right time, yep you got it, timing is everything. Why not go for a sunrise or a sunset, as this is when you have the best natural light. There are even apps that can help you find the ideal moment, such as Sun Surveyor.
- With ANAFI’s HDR mode, you can take exceptional photos even in difficult lighting conditions. The dynamics of the sensor is extended, allowing you to clearly see details of your image, even in dark and overexposed areas.
Photo taken by Nicole Bernardes
Tip 3: Fine-tune exposure
- Exposure is probably one of the most important elements when taking the perfect photo. No amount of editing is going to help you, if the photo’s exposure isn’t great. Good exposure reduces areas of overexposure or underexposure in your photograph. We advise you to either manually alter your settings or to lock them.
- ANAFI’s AE-Lock feature is indispensable for all photographers. It is great if you want to take a panoramic shot, as the exposure value will remain the same, resulting in a unified photo.
- In the Pro mode of the FreeFlight 6 app, you can modify the camera settings (shutter speed, ISO, color balance etc).
Photo taken by Nicole Bernardes
Tip 4: Optimize the framing and composition of your photos
- The framing and composition is essential if you want a striking photo. Whether or not your photo is well taken all comes down to the way, specific elements are organized inside your frame.
Here are two of the most popular rules when it comes to the composition and framing of a photograph:
- The center: a centered photo emphasizes a balance, enabling you to highlight a monument or a building.
- The rule of thirds: This rule involves dividing your image using 2 horizontal lines and 2 vertical lines. You then position important elements along those lines, or at the points where they meet. When taking a picture with ANAFI, the leading lines of the rule of thirds are displayed automatically.
- With the Cameraman mode, you can use the automatic framing assistant to make sure your (moving) subject, such as a car or boat, stays in the center of the frame. If you want to make a composition using the rule of thirds, press down on the object and then move the frame so that the subject is sitting on a leading line.
Photo taken by Arnaud Brecht
Tip 5: Get spectacular photographs with Adobe DNG/RAW format and the editing software
- How do I add my creative flair to my photos? This is a question you’ve probably asked yourself more than once. The secret lies in the management of colors and perspective. The great news is that the Adobe DNG/RAW format provides more flexibility in terms of photo editing.
- ANAFI takes 21MP wide-angle shots in the Adobe DNG/RAW format and is fully recognized as a camera by Adobe software. The lens profile of ANAFI is available in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC so you can adjust the perspective of your photos.
How to apply ANAFI lens profile in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC:
1) Select the DNG/RAW image you wish to edit, duplicate it in another folder and open the copy with Photoshop CC or Lightroom CC.
2) Then a window named “Camera Raw” will open.
3) Go to the “Lens Correction” section.
4) Check the box “Enable profile lens correction”.
Exclusive offer: Get a complimentary 2-month membership to Adobe Creative Cloud when you purchase an ANAFI drone. This offer is valid for existing ANAFI drone owners too!
To find out more about retouching photos, please click on the following link: