We are constantly striving to improve our user experience. At the forefront of all developments are our customers, the goal is to optimize our technology to meet your expectations, which is why we’ve released FreeFlight Thermal 3.0.0.
We’ve created a new home page for a better user-friendly experience.
The new homepage contains:
- A pre-flight checklist on the left-hand side of the screen. With this new checklist, you can make sure you’re ready to fly by verifying the battery level of both your drone and the controller, ensure that your controller has been correctly paired with the drone.
- You can now directly fly in thermal mode, instead of starting in the visual mode and then switching to the thermal mode.
Thermal Photos and Time Lapse Features
We’ve added two new modes to capture thermal imagery:
- You can use the new Time lapse mode to take photos at regular intervals. You can choose how often you’d like to take photos from 1 second to 300 seconds.
- You can manually take photos of the infrastructure you’re inspecting by simply pressing the capture button. Whilst you’re recording a video or taking photos using the time lapse mode, you can additionally take a manual shot of a specific moment.
Edit and Export Thermal Photos
You can now take thermal photos and edit them directly in FreeFlight Thermal. By transferring photos to your media gallery, you can access them to edit the thermal color gradient and the color pallets. Once you’ve finished editing your photos, you can export them to share with your clients and partners.
Smart Device Compatibility Check
Before purchasing Parrot Bebop-Pro Thermal, you can make sure your tablet is compatible with the piloting application, FreeFlight Thermal. Download the application on your smart device and use the Compatibility Check button in the app settings on the new Home Page.
Both the Thermal and front camera HUD interfaces have been optimized. Switch between speeds in a tap by using the button on the left-hand side of your screen.
There are two different modes to adapt the speed of your flight:
- Fast: lets you access the intervention site rapidly.
- Slow: allowing you to collect qualitative information at a slower speed.
Improved Thermal Player
The photos and videos are separated into two categories for easy access. You can now also view the duration of each video.
We’ve also made various minor improvements, fixed bug and improved the overall user experience.