Disco is a fascinating project: a fast, smart, ultra-light drone with around 45 minutes of flight time. This will be the first “ready-to-fly” wing-shaped drone, and the first everyone can easily pilot.
Just mount the wings to the body and throw it in the air. No piloting skills are required.
It’s truly a drone: it connects to the Parrot ecosystem through Wi-Fi and you pilot it with the Skycontroller or the Flight Plan app using the embedded GPS for waypoints.
Disco inherits the 3-axis digital stabilization of the Bebop drone camera. This drone takes off and lands automatically for completely renewed user experience and soft, safe landings.
Additionally, a new “Autopilot” mode mimics the flight thrills of a seasoned pilot. We are designing a totally innovative piloting system based on assisted control: the computer controls the drone and the pilot can play with the pitch without the risk of a bad maneuver or a stall.
At any time, Disco can go into “Loiter” mode and orbit around a point of interest. Compatible with immersive glasses (FPV), flying Disco will make you feel like a falcon with incredible speed and precision.
We conceived this wing with the help of senseFly engineers, the leaders in commercial fixed wing drones. As an example, the autopilot code was tested in their HQ in Lausanne, Switzerland, and benefits from years of flight experience.
Our goal is to make DISCO available later this year.
Disco Prototype specs:
- Front nose camera FullHD 1080P
- First person view thanks to live video stream
- Lightweight and robust design to ease maneuverability
- Automatic take-off and landing thanks to ground sensors
- Easy to pilot thanks to assisted flying modes
- Flight time around 45 minutes
- Waypoints with Flight Plan (* in-app purchase)
- GPS return home
- Extended Wi-Fi range with Parrot Skycontroller
- Detachable wings for easy transport