A new generation of MiniDrones is coming!

NouveauLogo
• 13 ultra technological connected robots join the Parrot MiniDrones team
• Equipped with new capabilities, these highly playful drone toys are ready for action on the ground, in the air and on the water!

Plunge into the era of connected toys with the second generation of Parrot Minidrones. Our advanced, miniaturized robots are piloted with a smartphone or a tablet via the free piloting app, FreeFlight 3.

Regrouped in three clans, they are ready to take on all your challenges!

***

INTRODUCING PARROT JUMPING DRONES

The smart terrestrial robots

The ‘Jumping’ are smart terrestrial robots piloted in Wi-Fi 2.4 or 5 Ghz via the free FreeFlight 3 application[1].

• Embedded camera: they are equipped with a wide angle camera that streams live, immersive views on the screen of the piloting smartphone or tablet. They take pictures and videos which are directly stored on the internal 4GB flash memory.
  • Embedded speaker and microphone:
    • They talk: depending on their mood, they ‘bip’, ‘ziiip’, ‘groutch’, like any robot!
    • Walkie talkie: you can talk and listen through them. Imagine getting close to a cat and surprising it with the cry of a mouse!
  • A patented spring-mounted system: true tumblers, they can jump up to 2.5 ft. in height and length and always land on their wheels!
  • Automatic movements: the Jumping perform acrobatics, without the need for training: spin around, jump, roll upside down, push or hit an object.
  • Retractable wheels: large or compact mode to adapt to all driving styles.
  • A programmable road plan: a ‘road plan’ enables you to program a course and actions. The itinerary appears on the app among the predefined movements. You just have to click on it to see the Jumping Drones maneuver autonomously.

Discover:

• The Jumping ‘Night’, robots equipped with two powerful LED lights with adjustable intensity.
  • The Jumping ‘Race’, true racing cars capable of quick acceleration with 8 mph bursts of speed!

[1] For iOS & Android smartphones and tablets

Plunge into the dark with the Jumping Night

The Jumping Night can see in the dark. You just have to activate their powerful LED lights from the FreeFlight 3 application and adjust the intensity. They can also send light signals to indicate that the coast is clear or to give notice of a danger.

They can patrol and take complete video reports, even in dark areas.

• Maximum speed: 4 mph
  • Jump: up to 2.5 ft. (height & length)
  • Battery life: 20 minutes – fast charging in 25 minutes (with a 2.6A charger, not included)

3 characters available: Diesel, Buzz and Marshall

JS-night

MSRP: $189.00 USD

***

Challenge the clock with the Jumping Race!

Equipped with a powerful engine and large wheels for perfect traction, the Jumping Race reaches up to six mph thanks to “boost” mode which is enacted through the FreeFlight 3 app.

The two large retractable wheels adapt to all driving styles.

• Wheels open, for greater stability in high-speed, ideal on smooth roads.
  • Whille compact to increase agility and drive through narrow areas.

Thrills guaranteed!

• Maximum speed: 8 mph
  • Jump: up to 2.5 ft. (high & length)
  • Battery life: 20 minutes – Fast charging in 25 minutes (with a 2.6A charger, not included)

3 characters available: Jett, Max and Tuk-Tuk

JS-Racer

MSRP: $189.00 USD

***

INTRODUCING PARROT AIRBORNE DRONES

The flying acrobatic robots

Ultra-compact and light-weight (1.2 lbs.[1]), the Parrot ‘Airborne’ are flying robots piloted in Bluetooth Smart via the free FreeFlight 3 app for smartphones and tablets[2].

Comfortable both indoors and outdoors, they are equipped with a removable polyamide hull to protect the propellers.

• Full of sensors: The Parrot ‘Airborne’ have remarkable flight stability and utilize technologies usually dedicated to larger drones:
    • A 3-axis accelerometer and a 3-axis gyroscope measure and analyze each movement or inclination of the drone and, thanks to the autopilot, rectify the position of the Minidrone.
    • A vertical camera compares, every 16 milliseconds, an image of the ground to the previous one to determine the speed of the Minidrone. It also enables the Minidrone to take snapshots, which are saved on the 1 Gb flash memory[3]. Perfect for aerial “selfies.”
    • An ultrasound sensor analyzes the flight altitude up to 13 ft. Beyond, a pressure sensor controls the Minidrone in altitude.
  • Aces of acrobatics: The ‘Airborne’ can do high-speed flights: they rush up to 11 mph, turn right, turn left and perform flips with amazing fluidity and stability. A ‘swipe’ on the piloting screen and the Parrot ‘Airborne’ turn 90 or 180 degrees in a flash.

They are always on alert. Toss them into the air and their sensors detect it instantaneously: engines start automatically and the ‘Airborne’ stabilize in the air!

Discover:

• The Airborne ‘Night’, built to fly during the day and night thanks to two powerful LED lights with adjustable intensity.
  • The Airborne ‘Cargo’, transport drones able to carry figurines or toy bricks.

[1] Weight without hull

[2] iOS & Android

[3] Transferred on a computer via the embedded micro-USB connector

Set ou on an expedition with the Airborne Night!

Thanks to their powerful white LED lights activated from the FreeFlight 3 app, the Airborne Night can explore even in the shadows of darkness.

During night patrols, you can modify the intensity of their headlights and, same as for their terrestrial counterpart, you can send signals with flashing lights!

They can explore areas that are dim and only accessible by air.

• Maximum speed: 11 mph
  • Battery life: 9 minutes without hull — Fast charging in 25 minutes (with a 2.6A charger, not included)

3 characters available: Blaze, SWAT and McCLANE

rs-light

MSRP: $129.00 USD

***

Embark on daring missions with the Airborne Cargo!

The Parrot Airborne Cargo are transport drones capable of carrying a toy pilot or any kind of miniature freight, like toy blocks.

This customization potential opens the imagination to limitless adventures!

• Maximum speed: 11 mph

2 characters available: Travis and Mars

rs-cargo

MSRP: $99.00 USD

***

INTRODUCING PARROT HYDROFOIL DRONE

The Hybrid robots uniting water and air

Piloted in Bluetooth Smart from FreeFlight 3 application[1], the Hydrofoils are flying Minidrones that can be attached to a hydrofoil.

They rise out of the water to hover over the surface and rush like the racers in a sailing match.

• Once the engines are on, the upper part of the Hydrofoil positions perpendicularly to the nautical structure.

Thanks to the four propellers of the Minidrone, it slides through the water and stays about 2 inches above the surface with amazing stability and agility.

• As the water resistance is reduced, it can reach the maximum speed of 5.4 knots (6 mph) and turn in a flash without capsizing.
  • Equipped with all the capabilities that are common to the ‘Airborne’ drones[2], the Hydrofoils can be separated from their nautical structure in order to fly through the air and do breathtaking aerial acrobatics!
  • Maximum speed:
    • 11 mph in the air
    • 6 mph (5.4 knots) on water (it is recommended to use the Hydrofoil on freshwater)
  • Battery life: 7 minutes — Fast charging in 25 minutes (with a 2.6A charger, not included)

[1] iOS & Android

[2]Except the LEDs and the capability to carry figurines

2 characters available: Orak & New Z

hydrofoil

MSRP: $179.00 USD

***

Technical specifications

NewMiniDronesTechnical

***

1. Timmyjimmy says:

can you put the weels on the hydrofoil from the rolling spider

2. Igor Gabrielan says:

You write about thirteen new MiniDrones and bring only five.

Where else eight MiniDrones?

• Parrot says:

Hi Igor,

The 13 new MiniDrones refers to the “characters”, i.e. Diesel, Buzz, Marshall… There are indeed 5 new MiniDrones families :-)

3. JC says:

So no LED module for the Sumo? Are these new wheels compatible with the Sumo (can i buy spares and apply them to the Jumping Sumo)?

Also when will you add gamepad/MOGA support for controlling the Drone? Gyro control at full speed is erratic…

4. Алишер Кошеков says:

Hello! I’m dealer of GoPro and DJI products in Kazakhstan. This is our store http://gopro5.kz How i can be you official reseller in KZ? Please gave me contacts of your dealership department or email me conditions for cooperation via onlinestorekz@gmail.com. Thank you!

5. Timmyjimmy says:

does the hydrofoil have a camera

6. Timmyjimmy says:

is the drone water proof

• Parrot says:

Thanks to the hydraulic structure, the MiniDrone slides through the water and stays about 2 inches above the surface with amazing stability and agility. It is strongly recommend to navigate on still water.

7. Matt Miller says:

Hello, I was wondering about the jumping sumo with the spine and the off road wheels. Can anyone tell me about when that will come out??

8. Jackson says:

is the controlling for the jumping race better

9. Cod3rror says:

Parrot seems to have very good engineers, but very bad product ideas.

Here’s a good idea: Release an update for Parrot Rolling Spider, remove those stupid wheels, add an HD FPV front camera, include a proper transmitter like Hubsan X4, and use a phone as a screen for FPV view and other flight information.

Your sales will rocket.

Rolling Spider has awesome sensors on it, it’s so stable, it’s perfect for FPV but you guys instead limit it to a smartphone control, which is terrible.

• Dylan Trom says:

I agree with you on the FPV thing but I must disagree with you on removing the wheels because I find them to be neat

• Joshua says:

Yeah I like the wheels too and the FPV but I also think a bigger battery would be nice:)

• Zachary Cohn says:

agreed, the battery life on the rolling spider is 15 minutes. I bought 5 extra batteries so I can intercahnge them.

• Ross Girven says:

I would love an FPV solution on this but you would be looking £300+ for the camera and goggles. not really feasible on a £80 toy.
      And it would not be able to stream to the phone as the Bluetooth LE is far too slow

• Cod3rror says:

I don’t know about £300, but I’d be willing to be £200 for it.

• Ross Girven says:

then that’s just putting it out of the reach of their target audience.

• Cod3rror says:

What’s their current audience? It can’t be people who like to fly quadcopters, because it is not fun to fly at all with a mobile device.

• daniels dam says:

@Cod3rror:disqus that`s a great idea i 100% will buy that model and i relly hope that they will add drone like airborne night with great camera , longer battery life , longer distance for 200 dollars !

• ICTman1076 says:

“include a proper transmitter like Hubsan X4”

I think they have the app for FPV, but I reckon they should at least have a transmitter available for like £19.99 ($31.16*) available seperately, like the one for the Q4, as that is OK.

(* As of 17/08/15)

• Nirvan Bhoyroo says:

You are right but they should also increase the range for a better flight experience

• April mcdani says:

I need to! show excellent online freelancing opportunity… 3 to 5 h of work /a day… Weekly paycheck… Extra bonus for job well done…Earnings of $6k-$9k /for month… Just few h of spare time, a pc, elementary knowledge of internet and dependable internet-connection needed…Click on my disqus~~~~page to learn more

• nina.glee says:

Here! is a method how it is possible to make 65 bucks each hour… After searching for a job that suits me for six months , I started making cash over this internet site and now I possibly could not be more satisfied. After 3 months doing this my income is around five thousand dollarsper month -Check internet website i use on MY-DISQUS-PROFILE-PAGE

• dawn.dixon3 says:

Do you want to know something really interesting that is worth paying your attention right now,a fabulous online opportunity to work for those people who want to use their free time so that they can make some extra money using their computers… I have been working on this for last two and half years and I am making 60-90 dollar/ hour … In the past week I have earned 13,70 dollars for almost 20 hours sitting ….

Any skills, Degree ,Specific qualification is not necessary for this, just keyboard typing and a good working and reliable internet connection ….

Any time limitations to start work is not required … You may do this work at any time when you willing to do it ….

Do you want to know how I have been doing this?…..….see this {Iink} on my !|profile|!` to know how I am working` on this`

• l just received my second paycheck of $6395,72 workin` only few h on my Iaptop` past 5 days. My divorced’ friend with 3 kids at home, made over $10k her 1st month. It’s great makin’ this much money” when other people have to work for so much Iess. Go 2 my profiIe’ site-link to see what I do…..

*g4rt

10. RioGear says:

Can you take the guards off of the Air Born light drones?

• Clayton says:

Why can’t we buy the boat and new face for the rolling spider seperatly

• Ross Girven says:

because it does not have the correct attachment points i am assuming.
        I think they will be using similar fixings to how you put the wheels on the RS

11. Matt Miller says:

What about the jumping sumo with the spine and off road wheels?

12. Chucho Chuy PS says:

When does the parrot mini drones will be avilable in stores ?

13. Matt Miller says:

Is there any set release date on the jumping sumo with the spine and offroad tires?

14. Cool dude says:

Are the night jumping sumos on Amazon.com?

15. Dylan Trom says:

Parrot, have you have fixed the problem with the jumping characters where the flywheel would break, causing the jumping mechanism to not work in these new jumpers. I really hope you have because I was very exited about the jumping sumo when I found out about it and I was about to buy it when I began to read the reviews. I found out this flaw in the design and was very disappointed. If the design has been changed, I will willingly buy the new ones in a heartbeat because of how fun they look.

16. inzar says:

Hi I want to Know the technical specification of the following-
    Maximum output power
    Maximum flight time
    Maximum control range

17. JonFish says:

Are there still plans about the
    jumping sumo with the spine to climb things? I am debating on whether to get one of these New drones or wait if the spine on will come.

18. Xinlong Lim says:

Are the hull(prop guard) from the Airborne Cargo usable on the existing Rolling Spider?

• Dylan Trom says:

There is no hull mode on the existing drone, only a wheels mode, this question was already answered by parrot in the comments below

19. Reed Sutton says:

Parrot you guys have great products and ideas but you need to put a camera in a flying mini drone. It will still cost less then an ar drone but will be smaller. If you make them they will “fly” off the shelves.

20. Ross Girven says:

Has the battery problem on the rolling spider been fixed in the upcoming minidrones?
    I was extremely disappointed when I got my rolling spider to find it would only fly for around 30 seconds, and from what I can gather online this is a very common issue.

As a videographer I intended to use the mini drone as a learning platform before moving onto one of your more advanced video quads. Looks like I may have to opt for a DJI instead!

21. The batteries will be the same (the same model with the same specifications) of the current 2 mini-drones? Thanks

22. HighFare says:

Do the new night and race jumping drones have the problem where the fly wheel breaks easily fixed? I would really love that and buy it right away!

23. Ata Bekisoglu says:

I got my Rolling Spider last day from the service (mobicom) firt time i try it wont take off when i look at it i learned that i blows air up not down what can i do?

24. Tim says:

@Parrot will the drone with off-road wheels and a spine still be coming out

25. CrazyDroneGuy says:

I bought a rolling spider and the battery doesn`t charge itself correctly. Can someone help me please.
    Thanks for your support!

26. CrazyDroneGuy says:

I bought a rolling spider but the battery doesn`t charge correctly. can someone help me please?
    Thanks for your support!

27. Droner1256 says:

Hey parrot when will you come out with the new mini drones in USA I was hopping you would before Christmas and keep up good work .

28. Rohan Christopher says:

do the jumping models have a spine and are you going to make a flying drone with a live stream camera? thx Rohan

29. Colton Sy says:

if you already have a rolling spider will you be able to connect it to the hydrofoil

30. Hey says:

Hey
    Chad

31. Nirvan Bhoyroo says:

9 min is not enough to enjoy a flight. Make it at least 15 min.Also if you could add a controller it would be nice like the skycontroller.

32. CoRn TocA says:

i agree Cod3rror

33. CoRn TocA says:

i think that they should get a good light not some stupid LED

34. Jonathan Fernandez says:

I was planning to get one… Until I saw the battery life

35. Austin Streeter says:

Which 2.6 A charger would you recommend? And where can i get my hands on one those, as well when is the release date? Its September now

36. finn says:

you should include a charger

37. Awesomekid says:

Jumping Race will be really fast if it comes equipped with brushless motors.

38. Mantality says:

We’re super excited to be one of the 1st – if not the 1st – retailer to offer these to South Africa from mid-end October 2015. We’ve got the Hydrofoil on our wishlist.

39. Awesomekid says:

I just got the Jumping Race it is really really good. It jump so well and it is so fast. The reaction to the control is so so quick and the camera is so good. I can see the drone moving with no glitches and the image quality is good. The drone has speakers and microphones inside it so I can hear the sound and I can also make the drone speak and it is really fun.The map making is so fun I can make the drone travel around my house and on the tables using the map. It is so cool. I highly recommend one that you buy. The other jumping drones are also good you should get one.

40. Awesomekid says:

I recommend that Parrot makes modification parts for jumping drone series like wheels with different treads and different shape body covers or new design stickers and wheels and off road design rubber feet that I can attachto the drones.. I think it would be fun to modify Jumping drone series.

• In today’s life everyone knows that money is very important, so I want to make everyone’s life easier and provide you financial freedom by telling you about a project that is paying me $10 k or more every month by doing simple tasks that anyone with basic computer skills can do and you need only good internet connection

~~check`my` ~~http website~~~listed~~~on~~~my~~~~{PrIvate}`~~~~~`page` ~~~~~~~!~

gfhfggh

41. Awesomekid says:

What is the weight of the maximum load that the Airborne Cargo can carry?

42. Awesomekid the Tablet says:

PARROT IS COOL

43. Awesomekid the Macbook Pro says:

Parrot is really good.

44. Romolo DeLuca says:

Hi when will these models come out in the USA?

45. Aden CHU says:

my wifi doesn’t work for the parrot . It says to join its network but I can’t even scan for the JumpingSumo Network

46. Jason Beale says:

is there a difference between the rolling spyder and the airborne night

47. Elihu Levi Escamilla says:

Parrot has good products and all, but they need to add more features to the drones; especially the airborne drones. All you need to add is good front cameras, longer battery life, and the phone should be live screening the Parrot drone, and have all the controls and settings, so that there is an external controller like the skycontroler. Then put together all the new airborne drones together in one drone and mass produce it in as a slightly larger version of the rolling spider for 270 bucks. That would be awesome!

48. Bfri says:

I just got the airborne night drone. Had to return the first one as the full battery lasted no more than 90 seconds. 90….seconds. That’s without using the LED light that it came with for the “night” flight. Next isn’t this supposed to have a camera?? I can’t get any photo/video. Seems like it would be pretty cool if the battery would last and would take quality flight photos / videos. But at this point I’m about to return this one as well. Oh also, the support site on their website isn’t supported by Mac. Sick of trying.

49. Quinten Hulsmans says:

Hi, can you please tell me what the difference is between the Aiborne Cargo and the Rolling Spider? Thank you!

50. Blake Imbert says:

I think that they are awesome but can you add more batteries on the carrier drone?

51. Guy Boulais says:

I’ve a got a 2nd house and looking for a wheel drone where I can browse my house over the web, just to see if everything is ok. But all your drone are not self-recharging… I really feel you’re passing by a huge market niche where hundred of thousands of snowbirds would love to have such a solution.

52. Nortei Dowuona says:

I can’t connect to my travis drone. I have a galaxy s4 and it won’t allow me to connect to it i keep getting “impossible to connect”

53. Rony says:

Thanks for gives us impotent information. i am very interesting INTRODUCING PARROT JUMPING DRONES

.if you know about us then please visit walkie talkie the site.