April Fool’s: Introducing Parrot Flying Saucer Drone

Today, after 2 years and 8 month of Research & Development, we are excited to introduce a new member of the drones family: The Flying Saucer Drone!

We are always looking for ideas to give our pilot new flying sensations.The concept of a flying saucer is very old but who knew it would become reality so soon? We used a complex combination of centripetal force auto stabilization to get our newest drone in the air. What started as a joke in the cafeteria, began to take shape after a first series of feasibility studies  about the later called “Flying saucer Project”.

It’s improved flying mechanism allowed us to add  new sensors to our product. We are working on developing a voice and motion control add-on. As the popularity of drones grow every day, we really want the flying saucer to be easy to fly. Any body should master most of it basic properties.

Let’s not beat around the bush here are the flying saucer’s main characteristics:

• 4K  and 3D camera
  • Lithium-ion 3500 mAh battery which provides around 19mn of flight
  • Ultra-light ionized aluminium and carbon-fiber structure for a choc-resistant drone
  • Hand gesture control for fine piloting at close range using a thin electronic bracelet
  • Skycontroller compatible for long range flights

Official Release in December 2015!

The laws and regulation for personal drones still apply to our Flying saucer. Make sure to read our previous article about it.

1. Theophane Mayaud says:

Yep, i caught that detail afterwards… But it isn’t actually April except in Greenwich +++ time zones ! China or India have led the way to the joke ? Or Australia !

2. Mr.Copter says:

I am sure this is an April joke look at the way it flies, in the video it looks like it is only pulled up by a string. And look at the camera there’s no gimbal or something like that but the video is totally stable. So I think this is probalbly just a joke :(

• Theophane Mayaud says:

Im sure the concept could be possible… I believe… …! Hey, let’s fly it, prototype, fruit of imagination or rtf rc UFun !!

• Theophane Mayaud says:

Do you think they hooked it to the ceiling when it we see it fly besides the other parrot drones ? It looks pretty funky !

• Mr.Copter says:

Look at the video: when they show the “gesture control” it looks like the saucer is actually flying normally and the hand just repeats the motion.

• It’s just 2 cymbals sticked together xD

3. Theophane Mayaud says:

Mais tu te crois déjà en avril ?! 😉

4. PigsCanFly says:

HOW

MUCH

WILL

IT

COOOOOST ?????!!!!!!!

(If it is not an April fish or some like that -_- …)

5. Piet pompies says:

Lekker kak storie …explain the way lift is produced…..

6. Victor Chu says:

Pas de train d’aterrissage?!?! No landing gear!?!!? And I just bought a BeBop!!!

7. tvp says:

1st of April !!!!!! there has been some good videos today the sony on was very good to .

8. Moises Alducin Linthwaite says:

Happy Foo,l Day!!!!

9. Rob Raisch says:

s/choc resistant/shock resistant/

10. pottsla says:

At first I thought ‘wow’ but then remembering it was April 1st in Australia, I started to laugh at my self. I could be wrong, not the first time I’ve been that, but I think Parrot workers have a good sense of humour and have given some people some excitement and then a big laugh. Good one Parrot:-)

• This is something really interesting that is worth paying your attention right now,a superb online opportunity to work for those people who want to use their free time so that they can make some extra money using their computers… I have been working on this for last two and half years and I am earning 60-90 dollar/ hour … In the past week I have earned 13,70 dollars for almost 20 hours sitting ….

Specific qualification, degree or skills is not necessary for this, just keyboard typing and a good working and reliable internet connection ….

Any Time limitations or boundations to start work is not required … You may do this work at any time when you willing to do it ….

How I have been doing this?…..….see this (site-Iink) on my !profile!` to know how I am working` on this`

11. Albero della Vita says:

Voglio comprarlo ORA ditemi come fare in italiano!!

12. H.CORP says:

april fools? Is it or not?
    And parrot you still haven’t said anything about the release dates for the CES products! (that I know of anyway)

13. Made of Aluminum? What happens when it hits someone in the face at full speed? I am guessing someone will be killed the first week.

14. Timothy says:

THis would be awesome to have , i have a jumping sumo and it is SWAG

15. Jason Martell says:

so awesome (if it was real)

16. Captain Slog says:

I never saw your April Fool’s clip until I got this Mail this morning, but, when I did, I saw right through, it! Sorry, but when I saw you’d raided Peet’s drum kit and pinched one of his Cymbals, I had to smile a knowing smile. Besides, no-one on THIS Planet has Repulsorlift Technology in Open Use. Like THIS little Beauty! Its a DARK EYE SECURITY Prowler Remote. I was told I had some Patrolling my place, but, because these are heavily Modified and CLOAKABLE, I haven’t seen or heard one at all since this one returned to Base. Its was a Demo. I know my cat goes a bit mental out in the garden every now and then. Maybe he can see through the Cloak and is trying to catch one and he gets zapped in the arse for his efforts. The silly bugger never learns!

Well, I just thought I’d join the fun. I’d sure like to have a Fully Automated PARROT Droid that can follow me everywhere using Voice Commands and or via a Control on my Wrist, like an I-Pod.

Your April Fools Clip may have been a Joke, but even a Joke can BECOME a Reality one day. Even my Seeker. Who knows? Maybe soon.

Thank You for your Fun Clip. It really was Food For Thought, so ANYONE with ANY Bright Ideas, no matter how ‘RIDICULOUS.” DON’T suppress it! DO IT! Dreamers CAN Succeed! I’ll support you. Especially you Off Worlders {Sshhh!] living here.

HAPPY EASTER!! The REAL Easter, not the vatican version. In this case, instead of New Growth with Crops, etc., NEW Technology! Go For It!

UV, Infra-Red, “X-Ray,” Night Vision, Extreme High Definition, Long Range, Clean Rich Sound and Sound Amplification, Cloakable, and STUN Mode for Intruders. Broadcast Transmission, suitable for TV And Holosuite, etc.

17. Captain Slog says:

My Prowler 4000 SEEKER.

18. Captain Slog says:

Sorry! My picture won’t show here for some reason. Told you they can cloak!
    See FARCEBOOK!

19. Tom Osterdock says:

For the flying saucer I could suggest that you use a Nasa design which shows to be an ancient design from several thousand years ago.

20. john says:

I am pretty sure the government has anti gravity sitting on a shelf.
    Somebody in Australia got a hold of it and that’s what’s in the flying saucer. that’s funny how anti gravity looks just like the saucers swinging on a string.

21. Ken Wong says:

I want one !! Hurry and put it on the market! Lol

22. Masayuki Yokoyama says:

Where is Men in Black

23. H.CORP says:

That was a huge mistake.
    You could of made a lot of money out of that if it really was real.
    If I owned parrot, I wouldn’t of use that as a April fools joke. I would of set a team to manufacture it and actually put it on the market.
    Instead, I would of made a page where on there it said that you could get free wings for your jumping sumo by clicking a link in the page and it would come up with April fools.
    If the Official Release in December 2015! is real, ignore this entirely………

24. H.CORP says:

And also ignore my stupid grammar…Lol

25. Napatara Athakravi says:

I am officially mind screwed

26. HUGO ORTIZ GARAY says:

What are the caracteristics of cope , connection, weight, cost

27. Ger says:

WOW

28. Darcy MILLER says:

Knew it was a joke as soon as I saw it had a 4K camera………….. XD as if with Parrot