[CES 2015] Parrot Automotive project: RNB6, the most connected in-vehicle infotainment system

2015-Innovation_award_Best-of_light2015-Innovation_Honoree

[#CES2015] Parrot RNB6 is the winner of 2 awards:

In-Vehicle Audio/Video Best Of Innovation Award
and In-Vehicle Accessories/Control/Navigation innovation award

20141215_RNB6-IN-CAR_01_light

[July 2015 update] RNB6 project was showcased at CES Las Vegas in January 2015 (watch video below). This infotainment system was selected by several automakers who envision to integrate it in their next-generation car models next year and beyond. As of today there is no plan to sell RNB6 in Aftermarket channels as RNB6 embedded technologies require deep integration with car series and manufacturers. www.parrotautomotive.com

Parrot RNB6 (project code name) is an exceptional Android 2-DIN Infotainment Navigation System. Developed with safety in mind, this revolutionary head-unit leverages Parrot’s extensive expertise in head-unit conception, voice recognition, Android operating system (Lollipop 5.0) and wireless technology to offer a smarter, safer and more innovative driving experience.

20141212_RNB6_A3.35_l

Parrot RNB6

Android_auto_carplay_detoure

Android Auto & CarPlay ready!

RnB6_1_v1_l

Powered by Android Lollipop 5.0

In the press:

“And CarPlay/Android Auto feature is a welcome one for households—like mine!—that have a split platform personality. Or, you know, if you don’t want your car to dictate what phone you buy next.” – Brian Barrett, Gizmodo

“One other impressive feature here is that, like Parrot’s audio products, the RNB6 lets you adjust the sound stage inside the car, so that when the driver is by himself or herself, the music can be set to sound as if you’re sitting in the middle instead of off-center.” –Richard Lai, Engadget

“The really cool thing is that it’s OS agnostic. In other words, it can switch between Android Auto and Apple CarPlay at the touch of a button. Joe Svetlik, Trusted Reviews

The Verge: Parrot’s new dashboard wants to turn your old clunker into a smartcar

Gizmodo: Parrot’s New In-Dash System Gives Any Dumb Car Apple or Android Brains

CNET: Parrot RNB 6 brings Android Auto and CarPlay to any ol’ car

Slash Gear: Parrot RNB6 hands-on: Android Auto and Apple CarPlay for all

Engadget: Parrot’s Android-powered car system also does Apple CarPlay

Parrot RNB6 in a nutshell:

• Plug in your Smartphone and run Apple CarPlay or Google Android Auto to retrieve and display Apps from your Smartphone directly on the Parrot RNB6’s screen
  • Capture and automatically record audio and video of the road ahead with the in-vehicle HDR/Full HD Camera
  • Use the RNB6, powered by Android 5.0 in stand-alone mode:
    • Integrated navigation system
    • Driving assistance services
    • Advanced voice commands for telephony, Apps, radio and navigation (Voice activated destination entry)
  • Exceptional in Vehicle Network :
    • On Board Diagnostics (OBD2)
    • Vehicle Health Maintenance
    • Native settings monitoring such as steering wheel controls, TPMS support, Parking Sensors, air conditioner control and much more!

Curious about Parrot Parrot RNB6?
Leave your email below:

1. PetterG says:

Will it supprt driving wheel buttons on different car models and brands?

2. Ahmed LABIDI says:

Glad to see this new model – hope to see that soonly in my Car in Paris :p Bravo

3. Ahmed LABIDI says:

Forbidden (403) for * Gmail.com email address ???

4. Robert Veda says:

Pareille ^^! Forbidden (403)

5. Guest says:

You are having a 403 error with email subscriptions on Safari

6. Kurt Baumann says:

Forbidden (403) for * my email address ??? It’s my own domain. Think you have something broken.

7. dlnraja says:

forbiden ????$

8. Google Employee says:

Google mail is banished 😀

9. Jay Geelong says:

Will this system come with the steering wheel command module, or will we have to purchase the unika kit?
    Will it read txt out and allow txt respond via voice
    also,
    Will it work in the Australian 4×2 and 4×4 utes/truck such as the Holden Colorado/Isuzu or the Great wall v200/240?
    What is the expected pricing of the unit?

10. xxmixedxtapexx says:

I really hope this works in My Ford Touch vehicles, I’d buy this thing in a heartbeat if I could put it in my 2015 Mustang that currently has the outdated MyFord Touch system

11. Stephan Linke says:

This thing will be awesome. Really looking forward to it. All solutions currently available (this includes upcoming models from kenwood and pioneer) don’t have the feature set of or it would cost a lot more to add navigation, steering wheel control and neither of them feature PDC and climate control, let alone car diagnostics (will we get the all-in-one-pack with the RNB6?). Plus, the interface of those is just plain ugly. The original manufacturer models on the other hand cost up to 1,000€ on eBay and are most certainly stolen, so this is also a no go – that said, will the faceplate be removable?

I wanted to add a similar setup to my car that consisted of a sony head unit and a 8 inch tablet connected to it. Tech alone would’ve cost about 600 bucks (wanted a tablet with phone function). Will it feature 3G (i.e. a sim slot) so that can be phone independent? That would be the icing on the cake 😀

Please add a 599-699 price tag to it and you’ve got yourself a new customer! :)

12. Rapajez says:

I’m so glad I held out for this. This is the unit someone should have made 4 years ago! Just put my dang phone on a display! It already does everything! Just let it run Google music, maps, and voice search, and that’s enough. Everything over WiFi would be a nice touch. Who has time to take phones out of their pockets?

13. Pretty cool stuff! Depending on the vehicle? Operations and viewing could be distanced depending on how far away the dashboard face is to the driver. What about upgrades? This system is real pricey. And after a few years it will be outdated, not much different than the phones or anything else for that matter. Seems a bit superflous. And pricey, did I say that already? We are all for the connected car. We have the BYOD based type system. Bring your own device. And then take it with ya when ya leave the vehicle. Car & Truck Desks. Platforms for all platforms in a nutshell. Come See! We’ll Saw! Check us out! D2D

14. Ian Page says:

Looks fantastic, bet it’s gonna cost a small fortune though, probably more than my old clunker is worth!

15. Jaydingombert says:

Forbidden 403. Come on guys fix ur site

16. Guest says:

Forbidden (403) for hotmail -_- , hey fix it

17. Anthony says:

Um, no AM/FM?

18. Shane Michael Brock says:

Obviously none of you have used/seen the parrot asteroid smart. This rnb6 is just a new version of that. And it’s not that great. They “update” very seldom and when they do, it breaks more than it fixes. It sucks because if they could fix the problems it would be awesome. Just realize none of the driver assist, or climate control stuff will work with most cars. Wish I could leave a great excited comment, but they ruined me with the last model and still haven’t fixed it. At least with the rnb6 announcement I know where their focus has been, and why they haven’t fixed my asteroid smart.

• cswin says:

I have the asteroid smart and I have nothing but positives to say about it, Partially jail broke mine and added several apps that aren’t offered by Parrot. Sound system works great with my amp, movie quality is good in fact I haven’t found anything
      it doesn’t do as advertised. This system is great for the older BMW enthusiasts since you can install it without re doing the duct system to fit a double din.

• Neil Gray says:

I have had the Asteroid Smart installed for over 6 months now in my Prado. It is awesome. I have added a reversing camera, sub woofer and ODB2 bluetooth interface. The unit looks fantastic and sounds great. I am hoping that some of the new device functionality (eg CarPlay) works its way down as a software upgrade.

• Rug says:

I have the Asteroid Smart in my car and as I am a little disappointed with some aspects, it is still pretty awesome overall. It’s main problem in my opinion is that it is just simply too underpowered to be totally usable. If it wasnt stuck on an ancient version of Android it would be far better.

• Djhg2000 says:

I have the Asteroid Classic. We’re stuck on Android 1.5, have no touchscreen nor WiFi and there’s still a few seconds of unresponsiveness after it automatically starts playing radio on boot (forgot to lower the volume after using line in? Though luck, you now have temporary hearing loss). Even with all of those issues, at the end of the day it still runs Android apps and fits in a 1-DIN socket.

19. Gilberto Valentin says:

I wonder how this would work with a 2 and 4 channel amp. I have a two channel amp for my lows and a 4 channel amp for my interior speakers. I don’t see an RCA jacks. Wonder if they have a special plug for this.

20. Reginald Williams says:

Price?

• Parrot says:

Hi, more info on the availability of the RNB6 will come later this year. Please stay tuned!

• carleeto says:

@Parrot: Any indication on when later is? Your comment was 2 months ago.

Which quarter, for example? Or is it not ready yet and did your marketing department just get carried away at a trade show? My estimate is that you have a maximum of 3 months more before the competition catches up. If you haven’t released by then, you will have lost the goodwill you gained from the early announcement – people have a short term memory.

Not to mention, if its still not released 5 months after the announcement, that’s a red flag in my book and I won’t be buying it.

• Djhg2000 says:

A large unnamed competitor released an Android Auto compatible head unit a few days ago, wether or not it runs android is still unclear to me but time certainly is running out. Being an Asteroid Classic user I’m still waiting on something to replace it with that can run Android apps.

• carleeto says:

Make that two competitors. So that’s a total of 4 alternative head units already. And yes, they are all Android Auto and Apple Car play compatible.

21. nico says:

great! but I don’t quite like these physical buttons. What about a rotative knob for volume, one button for choosing music, one button for navigation and one button for phone. Because thats what I wanna do in one gesture when driving

22. Shawn Walker says:

Please tell me this will have the same dimensions as the SMART. I’ve been looking for another android set up for a dual screen application.

23. rogerleckington says:

There should never be a screen such as this on the dash of any vehicle . How stupid !
    If it’s a backup cam ok ,otherwise no

24. DanielÅ says:

Can it be operated with gloves on? Had -25c yesterday and no garage.

25. Gerardo GarciaJurado says:

Can i install it in my 2014 Mazda 6 (in the USA)? If so, how can I get one and how much is it?

26. Gerardo Ramírez Serapio says:

compatibility with steering wheel controls ? That car brands keychain supported

27. Ben says:

When can I buy this in Canada? I currently own the Asteroid Smart but would like to upgrade.

28. Barry says:

i want this, right now i got the AVH X86BT from pioneer, support CarPlay, but this unit make mine feel like a toy.

29. gadget_hero says:

This is the head unit I have been waiting for! Well done, I will be ordering one as soon as it is available!

30. Aiden Dwini Kathriner says:

Hi, I have an nissan r34 and was wonder if all the functions would work if I was to install the new RNB6? Also where is the subwoofer connection on this unit. I’ve see the connection on the previous model, but where is it on this model?

• Devin says:

Thats what I am wondering?? Not just subwoofer pre-outs, but front and rears, like any other head-unit ever made in history. How could they drop the ball on this one simple feature. Sure, two HDMI ports is cool, but integration for aftermarket amps is a dealbreaker.

31. Erick Soares says:

Hi.
    Do you plan to support in car integration via native CAN network? For example I´m a Peugeot owner and all PSA cars use CAN network , so with that it could offer air conditioning control, steering wheel control, parking sensors monitoring, tire pressure sensors monitoring, trip computers. And I already saw many PSA owners (308, 3008, C3, C4, DS3, DS4, 508) interested in your new product.
    I know it has OBD2, but I don´t think that OBD2 can get all that information and control for the car.
    It would be very nice ! Or any kind of interface for PSA cars.

32. randeep says:

When will this be able to buy

33. stephane_phoenix says:

Can you please detail “later in 2015” ? Is short term (this Quarter) or long term (next Half) ?

34. Alexandre Byishimo says:

Will the software be supported on Volvo Sensus Connected touch?

35. bhupinder gujral says:

When this product will be available in India or we buy online or can we order same from the manufacturer? Looking to buy immediately.

36. bhupinder gujral says:

It has an WiFi connection available 5ghz will I be able to download apps from Google play store or Apple market in the device parrot Rnb 6 itself. Anyone reading plus reply

37. JamesG says:

@ Parrot, I am very interested in your RNB6 to replace my slow and clunky Mazda6 NB1 head unit. Will it be released, to be fully compatible with the Commander knob on the center console and steering wheel controls for US market 2014-2015 GJ Mazda6?

• Eric says:

I agree! I want this to replace my crappy 2014 Mazda 6 infotainment system, as well! Please make this compatible with the Commander Swith and steering wheel controls!!!!!!

• TheBatCave says:

Same boat here! I’ve been looking at the new Pioneer 4100 NEX for my 14 Mazda 6, but this come out soon enough and at a reasonable price, I’d love to buy one!

38. Will it support last.fm?

39. haincha says:

If this has SiriusXM support built in/use the same adapter I use for my AVIC-NEX5000, and can support steering wheel controls. I am seriously interested. The built in diagnostics alone are worth upgrading. It’s nice to be able to have an idea of what you’re talking about when you go to a mechanic, can make sure your check engine light is what they say it is. If this lives up to the hype it’s getting, I would trade my NEX5000 in a heartbeat.

40. Greg B says:

siriusxm support? HD Radio? When will it be available for purchase? Approx Price?

41. Jeff Weeks says:

Hoping this can replace the horrible Entune system in my Toyota Prius V.

42. Morti Flipper says:

Will there be a version with RCA front and rear-outputs? If yes, you’ll definitely have the best solution available. Otherwise, I’ll have to wait for one of your competitors. I already have an Asteroid Smart but it’s slow and I want to upgrade to a newer version but RCA-outputs (equals the ones on the Asteroid Smart) are absolutely necessary for me.

• Djhg2000 says:

The photos from CES of the prototype unit doesn’t show any RCA outputs on the back, but it does have two connectors with a lot of pins so it might be on a separate harness this time around. It’s also possible that this has been changed since the prototype was on display.

43. Discombob says:

Please be affordable. There’s no point in buying this rather than a new car with these systems if it costs more than a grand. Pioneer offers their similar headunit at $800 and it’s not even worth it. If you offer yours for $299, I and many others would grab it in a heartbeat.

44. KpomKwem says:

Very cool system. I’d like to know, would it work on a 2003 Honda Accord? Would it come with steering wheel controls, since the Accord doesn’t have any?

45. bob says:

hurry up!

46. spoot says:

is there a press contact for the rnb6. i’m writing an article for a radio trade publication and want to include the parrot. Someone I could ask a few questions? can’t seen to find a press contact on the web site. email spootiespoothead@aol.com

47. Of course you guys realize now I’m not going to buy the Asteroid Smart like I planned for this year? :)

• D4niel says:

Seriously. This looks so much better than the other Android Auto options that are available or have been announced.

48. ShadoeFerraro says:

Will this be compatible with a 2013 chevy spark?

49. Damon Hurt says:

Is the E39 on the map for getting this unit. I want to buy an android unit for my car but I don’t really like what’s available currently and it will be way worth the wait if you plan to support this vehicle.

50. simon says:

Hey what’s the hdmi port for in the unit?

51. WAT says:

Hi, when are we going to have more informations about compatibility with cars? (brera)

52. Jim Goodwin says:

Will I be able to call up vehicle related gauges on screen? Boost, Volts, Oil Pressure, etc

53. Mr. Mansion says:

@disqus_8rr4fl9bb3:disqus Any idea of a possible release date or release quarter for Australia? What about price?

54. Andre says:

Never been so anxious waiting on a new Head unit, then again this is not your normal Head unit.

55. Anthony Wilson says:

When will it be available for purchase

56. Elving Manuel Santana Núñez says:

Is it going to be fully compatible with the 2013 Honda Accord Sport? There is no aftermarket head unit that can fully integrate with the 9th generation Accord at the moment, but if this unit allows to me keep all of my factory features like back up camera etc…and integrate with the 8 inch factory screen I will definitely be buying this in a heartbeat!

57. Erik Meyers says:

Since this unit can control climate systems, would it work in the Ford cars with the My Ford Touch Infotainment system? I would love to replace MFT in my 2014 Fusion Hybrid.

58. Dangerous Dave says:

Looks like a fantastic unit

59. Dangerous Dave says:

bug us indeed fixed thanks Parrot. Can you advise on a potential release date for this unit please?

60. ShadoeFerraro says:

Hey!!! Im so excited for this!!! Do you know if my Chevy Spark 2013 with mylink screen will be able to be replaced with this?

61. Crash says:

I’m VERY interested in how the climate control & OBD2 features will work with my 2012 Honda Accord EX-L because this is EVERYTHING I want in a replacement for the stock system! However, I’m afraid that I’ll find out those features are only compatible with newer or luxury cars. I just hope that I’m not waiting patiently on disappointment.

62. Bart says:

Looking forwards to it. I hope I can replace the Mylink system with it in my Chevy Cruze.
    Btw, any news? :-)

63. Nick Pardo says:

Will the backup camera and sensors come with it or will it cost extra for the backup camera and sensors

64. Kevin Tham says:

Will this support 2015 Honda CRV EX’s rear-view and right-hand side passenger cameras? the rnb6 looks amazing, but don’t want to lose that functionality when I swap out the stock oem system with the rnb6.

65. Delane says:

Does this unit have a digital out of any kind?

66. Rick Heffron says:

I called the other day to check on my replacement Smart unit and asked about the new RNB6. I was told it has been dropped and will not be released. I shared this info with people on the xda website and it sure pissed them off. It’s not the news anyone wanted to hear. So can you please confirm if the unit is going to be released or not.

• David says:

I truly hope that you were misinformed. I feel like the decision to cancel the project after winning the best of innovation award for CES would be a really dumb move.

• Rick says:

I called 2 days ago and the tech said they don’t share the info with them so he had no clue. But why has it been 2 mos with no update. Starting to worry a bit about this new deck. Hey Parrot how hard is it to come on and give a quick update.

• Tracy Taylor says:

Seriously? I’ve been staring at a hole in my dash for 4 months (thanks thieves) waiting for this unit to roll out and now they back out? I saw the mockup at CES and was very impressed. I hope you’re wrong about this.

• Jim Wyatt says:

Well, that sucks. Has Parrot actually confirmed this?

• Rick Heffron says:

Well they will not respond to anybody asking about the release date and they will not answer any questions over the phone about the new head unit. So I would say it’s safe to say they are blowing off the new project along with us. Tomorrow my old head unit will be coming out and a pioneer 7000nex is going in its place.

• Jim Wyatt says:

Well, I guess that’s me done with Parrot. If they refuse to respond to customer enquiries then, as someone who works in a similar industry, they are not a company I want to deal with. If you have changed your mind on delivering a product, just say so. People generally understand. To me this smacks of a distinct lack of respect for their customers.

• Rick Heffron says:

I feel the same way Jim. I own the parrot smart and when it gave me problems it took 6 weeks for them to get me a working unit. That is another reason I’m done with Parrot

67. All_work_and_no_play says:

How much does this device interface with a vehicles CAN bus system? OBDII gives diagnostic information. And I know the Patriot Drone has a CAN bus architect. With your embedded hardware platforms, the move to vehicles isn’t a large leap. Or I guess I am asking, if your vehicle supports it, can this device be used to firmware update your ECU, like on a Suburu?

• Djhg2000 says:

OBDII as you know can give quite a lot of information, but ultimately it all comes down to what is standardized. Climate control seems like one of those things. As for ECU flashing I’m pretty sure that’s a can of worms Parrot will not and should not open. Imagine the lawsuits after a failed flash and you’ll understand what I’m getting at.

68. Darren says:

So; is Parrot still planning on releasing this unit this year? If so when? AND, is there a rough idea on how much this unit will be? (US Dollars recommended retail price?).
    Will the Digital Radio Radio be DAB+ (plus version) so it will be compatible in AUSTRALIA?

69. fonzy says:

neeed news

70. Tim says:

Can you guys release this by May or get me a Beta unit for testing. I’m going on a month long road trip in May and need a new stereo. :)

71. Cristian says:

Looks great!
    Would be nice if you will release TPMS and parking sensors or top-view system consisting of 4 exterior cameras (as new cars start offering) that will work with the unit for cars which don’t have them factory installed. The dash cam would have been nicer if it was less noticeable while mounted in the car or at least if it could be replaced by other dash-cam of my choosing.

72. Broo says:

Any more specific estimate of release date and/or pricing? I am about to change out my head unit and I would love to use a RNB6- but I do not want to wait 6+ months and find out it is $2,500. No idea of ETA or price = I will probably need to pick up a Joying head unit from Amazon or AliExpress… :(

73. Samuel Douglas Sizer says:

Can you use an external hard drive

74. Adam Magnani says:

Really excited for this.

75. heynow_1 says:

I see that Parrot supports a dash cam but does it support a backup camera ?, also does the front dash cam has any collision alert/avoidance capabilities ? Would love to buy one today but not sure about product availability.

76. raduvucea says:

Hurry up and launch it, really now ! I was about to buy the old Asteroid Smart, now I want this one !

77. Ian K says:

Please guys, the anticipation is killing me. I am using a very old stereo just so that I can buy this. Plz give a date. Much love from Sri Lanka.

78. David Hanley says:

any update on when this will be available please ?

79. Nomicus says:

I really love the functions but the hardware design is really ugly. I’m not sure if I would purchase this because it is so ugly. I thank chrome trim could go a long way, or removing them ugly button of the left hand side. However, if the prices reflex the ugly look, you have a pass on the ugly design.

80. Kyle Kraemer says:

Will this support CAN bus interface units such as the iDatalink Maestro RR?

81. Mike Wé says:

Hi, any news yet? Or could anyone define ‘soon’ please? This month, quarter, year? Thanks a lot!

82. Andrew Dahl says:

Any word on if this can replace a car with MyFord Touch? The system is absolute crap and I’d love an alternative.

83. jake says:

forbidden…dont tell me you are sorry, i already know.

84. Stephan Linke says:

Nothing new yet, eh? :(

85. Gabe says:

Anything new? Release date? Price? I’m on the border between this an another head unit :(

86. dlira says:

Hi I am eagerly awaiting news from you guys on this product. Prices, availability, compatibility and more specific product information like a product sheet of some kind. But my most important question, will this stereo be compatible with steering wheel controls? If so, in which way are this supposed to be connected? I guess the OBD2 output can´t be used for this? I am thinking about replacing my Audi stereo with this.. But I think you can release some more info about the system now. It´s been a long time now since CES2015..

87. JoséMaría De Madrid says:

It is compatible with 2014 Jeep Wrangler?

88. Gil Harari says:

Will an aftermarket rear view camera be compatible, or would I need a parrot rear-view camera? Will it come with the headunit? Also, is there a release date for the RNB6 yet?

89. Saad M.A says:

hi
    Is the GPS system will work without the Internet

90. Gabe says:

Any updates? Pioneer just launched its android auto receiver, when will you guys?

91. Kim Mikkelsen says:

How about now ? Any release date.. im ready to bye

92. NJ Roldos says:

I think this is what I’ve been waiting for my whole life. TAKE MY MONEY!!!

93. supaflygy says:

1/4 of the way thru 2015 and still no news. C’mon potential customers are waiting.

94. Rick says:

I Think I’m going to pass on this new deck just because your support sucks. You can’t even give people a update and I’m still waiting to get my smart working. You guys took almost 3 weeks to send a replacement that’s defective and now I have to wait for the next one to come in. I tried talking to the support people and they say that’s something to do with the warranty department but they won’t let me talk to anyone. So it’s been over 2 months now with no deck in my car. So if anyone buys the new deck keep in mind that the support sucks and they hardly ever update the apps for it.

• Parrot says:

Hello, we are really sorry to read that. Can you please send us your case number? We will check what happened to your case with our hotline.

• Rick says:

Well im on the 2nd replacement unit and still no working deck. Only thing wrong with this last one you sent was the security fob part that clips on the front shorts out. I made a ticket for that and you guys sent me the ISO wire. So now its another 2 weeks im sure. I have no clue what the ticket number is because its not on any of the emails that are sent back to me. Maybe you can use my email address rhconcepts11@gmail.com

• Rick says:

Still no email or fob part to get my deck working. And your tech support guys are jerks, they don’t even listen or seem to care about fixing my problem. This has to be the worst support on any product I have ever owned. I will have to buy a new head unit now so I have something for the upcoming car shows.

95. Samuel Douglas Sizer says:

Any news on release dates and info on product

96. heynow_1 says:

I went ahead an bought a Pioneer unit that is Android Auto + CarPlay capable but I have had nothing but problems. Mirror link does not work and my phone does not support lollipop yet, so no Android Auto either. Stay away from Pioneer if you can.

97. Samuel Douglas Sizer says:

Will it have wifi will i be able to plug in an external hard drive

• Alezis says:

the astoroid smart does so I am pretty sure IF this model is ever release, it will support this…

98. opticsfun says:

As a current happy user of the Asteroid Smart, I really hope Parrot tries hard to accomplish 2 important things with this RNB6 that they didn’t with the Asteroid. One, they need to put quality anti-reflection coatings on the glass so that glare doesn’t interfere so much with the display. Two, they need to ensure the LCD display (preferably a transflective LCD) has an output polarization that is aligned with the common orientation of polarized driving sunglasses so that wearing polarized sunglasses doesn’t kill the view of the screen (even most car manufacturers get this detail wrong, sadly).

• opticsfun says:

Oh, and if it can’t be transflective due to cost, at a minimum, make it optically bonded to eliminate the internal reflections (such reflections damage the ability to see the display in bright light).

99. Stew Seely says:

any hints on a
    release date?

100. Andre says:

Guessing since they haven’t said anything yet, it must be a late in the year release, like a Holiday release in Nov. or Dec.

101. Lok says:

Toujours pas de date de sortie ? Pioneer propose deja des autoradios compatibles Carplay et Android Auto (AVH-X8700bt à 699€ et d’autres modèles…). J’hésite vraiment à encore patienter sans avoir de news

102. Stephen Parker says:

With Alpine and Pioneer units now on the market would there now be any chance of a release date & price for the RNB6? It still looks to be the superior unit but that’s no good if you can’t buy it.

103. Billy Budapest says:

I WANT THIS HU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

104. GC says:

Will this HU be satellite capable (Sirius XM)? Coverage is horrible for me, and satellite is my best option.

105. Billy Budapest says:

I want this product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

106. Pretty cool stuff. Seems a bit pricey? There are other connected car type options.

107. Lok says:

Date ? Price ? Too long…

108. Jerry Fisher says:

Like many, I’m intrigued by this 2-DIN stereo head. I have a 2004 Honda Accord with the unfortunate combined climate-control and stereo unit. If one part dies, I have to replace the entire thing. Fine. I’ll happily cut most of the proprietory hardware that died out of my dash if the RNB6 can pick up the slack of taking over. I’d rather do that than spend too much money repairing a factory defective product (again) out of my pocket. Between the incompetence of Alpine and the smug irresponsibility of Honda with this specific item I’m otherwise happy with my Accord.

109. FCBFlesto says:

When will this come out?

110. Riswan Ahmad P says:

FM Support?

111. Armani George Y. says:

Is this thing coming out or what?? I think I might just buy the Pioneer I can’t believe you don’t have any updates! Your making the consumer forget about the product! Do you guys need any help with marketing?

112. Malte Geierhos says:

Any news on this?

113. ThilinaRathnasekara says:

Please add guidelines for parking assist, Then it would be perfect.
    and please release RNB6. can’t wait to add RNB6 to my car.

• fransoa says:

What is this head unit ?

• Thilina Rathnasekara says:

I found this from internet and i just used it as a example for parking assist guideline. I think this is factory fitted navigation system that available in Honda CRX. (I used this because this is much similar to what my car (Honda fit GP5) currently having and it is very useful when reversing)

• Rick says:

How would they add lines when every car is a different size. They do have a app that will add the lines but you have to get out and measure a few things

• Thilina Rathnasekara says:

If guidelines are adjustable there won’t be any problem I think.

• bmaz says:

I agree with Rick. It will be very difficult if not impossible for a aftermarket unit to have these.
          Different cars have different sizes, different turning radiuses,
          It would need to know the degree that you are turning the steering wheel. I don’t know that automakers provide this feedback to aftermarket head units.
          It also depends on whether or not the rear camera was installed properly and the exact location it was installed (it might be installed a bit off-centred).

I wouldn’t count on this feature on any aftermarket vehicles

114. Axel NotRose says:

If it doesn’t have 4g/lte capabilities built-in (i.e. optional SIM card with data plan capabilities) it’s useless to me. I’m tired of using my phone as a hot spot for data connectivity on my current Android head unit and I’d like a wholly stand-alone system. There is no mention of 4g/lte capabilities so I’m going to assume it won’t be there. (And no, I don’t have an Android phone).

115. Lok says:

Date ? Price ???

116. ms says:

Hi, i get a new car (Citroen C5) in June an i want to buy the parrot system. When can i buy it in Germany?
    What is the price?

117. Stew Seely says:

Can we at least get the month you are releasing?

118. Casey Klein says:

Does anybody know if this unit will have HD Radio and access to Sirius XM?

119. Stephen Parker says:

What quarter is it due for release?

120. Richard Cooke says:

When are you releasing? I’m about to buy a new car and it would be nice to know if this is even coming out let alone soon.

121. Ricardo says:

When will we see a date and price given for the release

122. Michal Zdunek says:

anything new guys ? haven’t heard anything in the past 3 months ! ! ! should I wait or get something from ALPINE ? :-)

123. Rick says:

HEY PARROT, is this unit coming out or not. Starting to hear more and more that its a dead project. Would like to know so I can start looking for a new deck because its been 3 months now with no working Asteroid Smart. Yes 3 months now and your suport guys still cant get me a working deck.

124. Lok says:

Release date = 5/01/2024
    Price = 1600$

125. Rick says:

Well im going to start look for a different deck because Parrot cant even tell us if its still coming out or not. Its a YES or a NO not that hard.

126. Hotboyray says:

When will this be released!!!!

127. Lok says:

I finally bought the x8700bt of Pioneer , I can tell you that it is useless to expect the Parrot model that will never leave , the Pioneer model works very well

• ms says:

has the Pioneer an offline Navigation? I think the Parrot never comes in Germany, so i search for another navigation

128. CitrusRain says:

Will this be compatible with a Limited Edition model 2012 Nissan Sentra?
    Because I’d just like to know before I get my hopes up.

129. fransoa says:

C’était du teasing ou comptez-vous réellement, un jour, sortir ce produit ?

130. Malte Geierhos says:

when will this be released ?

131. Chris German says:

I have been interested in this since CES. Get back on the project and let us know

132. Richard Cooke says:

What are the best alternatives to this? since it seems like this may not be coming out.

• Lyndon Camidge says:

I would have a look @ the EONON G2110ZV as it seems to be the only head unit out there taht is running Android @ a decent Version (4.4.4)
      This Is what I’m pretty sure I’m going to go for as I don’t like the Pioneer unit with “Android Auto” that requires the phone to do all the work (As I really want to run Waze and other Android Apps)

It’s a shame I was hoping the RNB6 was going to arrive and do the job that it promised, I suppose I should have known better after the Pile of rubbish that Parrot supplied and I stupidly purchased and fitted to My car in the Form of the Parrot Asteroid Classic.

133. Lok says:

PIONEER avh-x8700bt

134. David says:

I am trying to wait for the RNB6 to be released but the silence the community is getting from Parrot is unacceptable. This unnecessary silence shows just how awful Parrot’s customer service really is. Would you want to spend top dollar on a product such as the RNB6 only to receive zero support? I’m beginning to question whether or not they even value their customers, period. Parrot, give us SOMETHING!

135. Aaron Walker says:

How about digital/optical out via toslink or coax? Or support for flac or wav files. That could be a HUGE niche for this unit as losless audio is becoming more prevalent and services such as Tidal losless radio is becoming very popular currently. Somebody will do it first and the rest will follow suit at some point. Hi fidelity for car audio… sounds amazing, just have to wait and hope i guess.

136. Brad Kalinoski says:

Rumors are circulating that this has been cancelled. Is this correct.

137. Fabio Paiva says:

When?????

138. Lok says:

IT SMELLS LIKE DEAD PROJECT !!!

139. Stephen Parker says:

Still no news??

140. Hotboyray says:

I grow impatient

141. Lok says:

Fcuck this silence

142. Ali says:

Will it be fully compatible with Mercedes cls55, year 2005? Also when do you accept the release date to be?

143. Scott Cudlip says:

Any new information on the RNB6?

144. Nash Christopher says:

I just got this email back from parrot.Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting Parrot and your interest in the Asteroid range.

There are no plans at this moment in time to release a new double din product to replace the Parrot Asteroid Smart, this was a project showcased at CES to demonstrate the technology we can implement (concept).

Kind Regards

Carl
    Technical Support

*****NOTE: Please leave the below code in your email reply to us.*****
    ref:_00DD0ltXz._500

145. Lok says:

Joke of the year 2015 lile i said it will be coming in 2025

146. I emailed Parrot regarding this product and they replied with the below statement.

“Dear customer,

unfortunately we are not able to give some new informations until the end of this year.”

I believe it’s time to look for another device. RNB6 would be revolutionizing the market, but it doesn’t seem to happen in foreseeable future. Can you recommend a replacement for it – either an Android device, or a good 2din audio with Android Auto / Apple Car Play?

147. Ben says:

Hi guys, Curious as to how the head unit interfaces with the climate control. Is it via Canbus?

Cheers

148. Todd Laedtke says:

Yeah I think it is time to call this dead. Many great concepts/ideas happening here though, going past just the entertainment aspect of a head unit to safety / security / driver assistance and even cabin comfort controls. Great out-of-box thinking! Even though I really wanted this (checking on it today 5/9/2015 still…) I recognize that the ability of Parrot to deliver on all of it is likely suspect. If they ever do get something out the door, it will probably for the early-adopter crowd with some money to burn. A Parrot device of this complexity will in all likelihood be something you want to pick up in its second or third iteration.

In the meantime, they showed their hand with a great concept build. With any luck one of their competitors already manufacturing CarPlay enabled devices will choose to pick up some of these ideas and add value / differentiation to their products and actually get them to market.

149. Ed says:

Well, It’s been quite a while, any news on this unit? Will launch in the summer or winter 2015?

150. bshara says:

it’s been 5 month since the announcement, when is it going to be available ?

151. Brian says:

Please just feed us more information about a release date

152. Quietas says:

I saw this in several CES writeups, but I’m wondering if it will have a CAN bus interface to connect directly to my 2015 Jeep Wrangler. Many cars are going to CAN bus and I could not discover how this stereo connects. I might put off my stereo upgrade this summer depending on what info comes out about this device in the next couple months.

153. Art Faucett says:

It has to support all of my wheel controls including the phone or it’s a deal breaker for me. Mirroring the apps from the phone is nice though. running weather radar to the screen would be a nice touch with the driving i do. Hopefully the sound quality is top notch..

154. Michael Uribe says:

Is this product still in development?

155. Shawn Morgan says:

Any idea of a release date… since we are in the second half of 2015…?

156. Sujay Kanungo says:

Need information About Parrot Availability in India n Support

157. Lovely Singh says:

Since car manufacturers do NOT up grade their BlueTooth systems to accept the continued newer phones offered to consumers, I can see this as being a viable alternative to bypass auto makers who don’t care to code a generic code for all types of phones. Hope the price can be lowered so as to profit by sheer volume instead of per / item sold so we can continue to drive safe and hands free….

158. Alezis says:

I was really excited when I discover this unit while searching for an android auto aftermarket radio on google. But now that I read this thread, not so much… it’s eery to see how this guy https://disqus.com/by/disqus_8rr4fl9bb3/ is silent on this thread and does not respond to ANY of this community how is interested in such a product… at least just say if this project is still alive and still due in 2015…

159. Lawrence says:

would it support a 2000 Nissan maxima

160. Chris Pugh says:

I don’t think this will ever be released. Time to start looking at other options.

161. Troy says:

When the parrot asteroid smart was released I’d tried nearly every top end double din stereo on the market.
    I’d also owned them and spent a fortune buying saw aping until I got it right!!!!!!
    The parrot asteroid was fantastic compared to those, simple, everything I needed and with every update came more useful features

162. Troy says:

I’ve sold my car with stereo in it, that stereo was fantastic and extremely usable (try keep fiddling and messing about with an app radio!!!!!!!!!
    This blows it away).
    I owned the parrot rk8 thing single din it kept falling apart, but revelutionary mech free device, every parrot stereo after has been an improvement.
    So now I have new van, no stereo, a loyalty to the parrot smart, the excitement at there new rnb6……….
    I need a stereo, I’ve looked at all other top brands but WANT the rnb6
    I’ve looked at all other top brands and still I know the asteroid smart is still better but am holding of until the rnb6 is out.

SO PLEASE PARROT, some indication on release.
    Not worried in price because it’ll be worth it and parrot are very fair (look at prices for there other products)
    They were also extremely helpful with phone support early days with the smart.

163. Troy says:

I’ve sold my car with my parrot smart stereo in it, that stereo was fantastic and extremely usable (try keep fiddling and messing about with an app radio!!!!!!!!! This blows it away).

I need a stereo, I’ve looked at all other top brands but WANT the rnb6
    I’ve looked at all other top brands and still I know the asteroid smart is still better than the current batch but am holding of until the rnb6 is out.
    SO PLEASE PARROT, some indication on release.
    They were also extremely helpful with phone support early days with the smart.

I’d also owned them and spent a fortune buying swapping until I got it right!!!!!!
    The parrot asteroid was fantastic compared to those in the competition , simple, everthing I needed and with every update came more useful features
    Come on parrot, help us to help you.

164. Vincent Rajasekaram says:

More informations?

165. DP1262 says:

Any news on this? Maybe even a new demo? I heard a rumor this thing has been cancelled. Is that true?

166. I heard that Parrot just dropped the RNB6 program… I’m so disappointed…

167. RWorking says:

When is this coming out? I’ve got my money ready.

• RyeBrye says:

My guess is never. They haven’t publicly stated anything since CES. My guess is there are some show-stopping bugs with it or some red tape on either the apple or Google side holding it up.

In any case… This is probably not going to see the light of day this year.

• RWorking says:

That’s a fair thought. It does look like it’s becoming rather hopeless. Too bad, I guess I’ll just search for something else.

• DaZingel says:

Just wait for something new. The first parrot Asteroid took nearly a year from presentation to release.
      I am sure this will happen 😉
      I think we will get a release date around November/December

168. Benjamin says:

Is there any release date or any fresh news?

169. Jim Wyatt says:

So what’s the deal with this? I fell in love with the system at CES and have been waiting for it to come out ever since. Have emailed Parrot multiple times to ask about a release date, but have never had a response. Kenwood announced their dual platform system today http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/ddx9902s/index.html just wondering whether it’s worth waiting. Does anyone have any further news or updates since CES?

170. Usman Ch says:

Its almost Mid of 2015 when its releasing any one can tell?

171. Troy says:

Just looked at the kenwood, it looks good, but I’ve used the parrot smart and love the fact everything’s on the stereo or can be installed on the stereo.

Kenwood will be sort of limited in my opinion.
    This new parrot rnb has the capacity to be free and unrestricted.
    I’ve used cables, links, different stereos and media players.
    On paper it all looks simple for them, but there ends up being to much interaction, pressing buttons on screen, then on phones, then agreeing and fiddling.

I don’t have that with the parrot after setting up how I like it.
    My only gripe with it is screen size!!!!!!!!!!!

So this new one is bigger with better resolution.
    Everything else is a bonus, faster, more powerful, quicker and would imagine some really clever apps can be installed(directly on stereo)
    Boom!!!!!!!!
    Stop messing about parrot, have some customer support decency and integrity and at least share some info.
    I’ve just paid for anothe parrot smart while waiting around for this!!!!!!

172. Nick Hirst says:

Well turns out this is merely a concept and there are no plans for a release, see email below from Parrot:

Hi Nick

Thanks for your enquiry regarding RNB6

Unfortunately this was shown at CES as a Concept and there are currently no plans to release it as an actual product.

We do have a similar product available ASTEROID SMART see link below for details..

many thanks

Maxine

• That’s annoying. First, releasing this on CES and not letting a word out that this is just a concept and would never be actually released to the world. Second, keeping everything secret, not replying properly to emails with such inquiries and avoiding direct answers.

• cswin says:

Its not just a concept they are releasing it but not as aftermarket as they have plainly stated on several venues. Their words now “This infotainment system was selected by several automakers who envision to integrate it in their next-generation car models next year and beyond. As of today there is no plan to sell RNB6 in Aftermarket channels as RNB6 embedded technologies require deep integration with car series and manufacturers.”

• FTWtech says:

Thanks for the info Nick.

FFS Parrot, if you’re going to kill off the RNB6, how about at least bringing out a MKII Asteroid Smart with newer hardware capable of running KK or Lollipop.

173. Troy says:

Parrot RNB6 (coming later in 2015)???????

Parrot keeping quite and at no point just letting their customers (US) know it’s all just a folly!!!!!

For not sharing info on a parrot blog site when directly asked shows a disrespect to us.
    A pointless waste of energy(for me)
    I’m left feeling aggrieved by the whole thing!!!!

174. Ivan says:

Hello,

I’m interested for parrot RNB6
    You may know the release date?

• Alezis says:

NEVER, read the top desctiption : [July 2015 update] RNB6 project was showcased at CES Las Vegas in January 2015 (watch video below). This infotainment system was selected by several automakers who envision to integrate it in their next-generation car models next year and beyond. As of today there is no plan to sell RNB6 in Aftermarket channels as RNB6 embedded technologies require deep integration with car series and manufacturers.

175. SmartOneBC says:

Well i am tired of waiting for 6 months of NO NEWS. This is obviously a one of PROTOTYPE, like most i will just buy something else that’s real and wants my money

176. Tyler Mott says:

Why no aftermarket plans?

177. Abdulrahman Abouzaid says:

any new news??

and what are the supported cars models?

• Alezis says:

read the top description [July 2015 update] RNB6 project was showcased at CES Las Vegas in January 2015 (watch video below). This infotainment system was selected by several automakers who envision to integrate it in their next-generation car models next year and beyond. As of today there is no plan to sell RNB6 in Aftermarket channels as RNB6 embedded technologies require deep integration with car series and manufacturers.

178. cswin says:

If I read this correctly we have been had by Parrot! They are now saying it will not be available for aftermarket, it seems by reading between the lines they have made a deal with car manufacturers. I see a potential class action here as they led us to believe it was going to be an aftermarket product and we have been waiting since 1/2015 for it.

• bmaz says:

I am disappointed as well, but on what grounds are you going to sue?
      Did they take your money? Even if they have given a firm release date, which they hadn’t, you would still have no grounds.
      Just take a deep breath and assess your other product options.

• cswin says:

Evidently you are not a lawyer and I don’t have time to school you. It can be done but not worth it to me.

179. Tyler Cohn says:

I strongly believe y’all have made a big mistake by pulling the plans to take it to the aftermarket community. Also, by treating this the way you have (showcase a product in January then stay completely quiet on all details for 7 months), I feel that you have lost potential consumers’ confidence in the company. As there are no plans to make it into the aftermarket community, I am saddened to have to give up on the wait to buy the RNB 6 and buy another head-unit that is out in the market…

180. sanchower says:

Are there any news about price and release date?

• [July 2015 update] RNB6 project was showcased at CES Las Vegas in January 2015 (watch video below). This infotainment system was selected by several automakers who envision to integrate it in their next-generation car models next year and beyond. As of today there is no plan to sell RNB6 in Aftermarket channels as RNB6 embedded technologies require deep integration with car series and manufacturers.

181. Troy says:

Thank you parrot for the updated info.
    Very disappointed it won’t be made available to us guys.
    But great news it’s going to be put into production on cars.
    I’m glad it’s been seen as a real life sytem,

the smart is a great product and so much tech and so user friendly, love it as well.

Well done parrot, congratulations!

Ps, Now please update our smarts, include quad core, 2-3 gb ram and hi def large 7-8″ screen.

182. Jerry says:

What a disappointment this was not released.. did your sales guys lie or did your engineers fail in execution? Most of the people on this thread were practically begging you to take their money.

• Troy says:

I watched dragons den and the dragons wanted sole rights, or very limited.
      Maybe deals were done with manufacturers and us end users were the collateral damage, civilian loss!!!!!!
      Hope so and it wasn’t just a silly choice???

183. Ahmed Maqbool says:

When will it be released ?

• Never, they confirmed in this post.

184. Dave Riley says:

“As of today there is no plan to sell RNB6 in Aftermarket channels as RNB6 embedded technologies require deep integration with car series and manufacturers.”

Such a bummer. Pioneer, here I come!

185. Andy FTP says:

so is this vaporware?

186. Rosy Walters says:

Parrot what are you thinking

why not sell to both the manufactures and to the retail market? surely you can see the financial gain in both!

187. Rosy Walters says:

why are not selling this to the after market clients, this is what we all dream of dont take it away

188. Charles Betzler says:

No aftermarket? Boooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

189. Mr Wilks says:

All these hundreds of comments from people willing to buy this RNB6 right now and all along it was a concept that will never make it into aftermarket cars.

Months of saying there was more info coming and where to register for interest only to be a sham.

Cheap trick there Parrot.

190. Anthony Tummillo says:

Extremely disappointed in Parrot and everyone involved in this ruse. I was waiting, as many others were, to give Parrot my money for this as soon as it started shipping.
    I’m not sure I understand why the automakers and Parrot think that it selling exclusively as an OEM part is a necessary strategy. This component does not provide a competitive advantage to a car model in today’s landscape. And I’m not in a hurry to trade in my 5-figure purchase, just because it doesn’t have a fancy head unit, so automakers shouldn’t think that this will drive car sales in any way.
    These types of antics just serve to eliminate any confidence I had in purchasing any one of the products Parrot DOES choose to sell to us. But I guess they’ve signed their supply agreements with the automakers for bigger money, so screw the aftermarket.

191. Technician199 says:

At least I can stop waiting on you idiots

192. Me says:

193. Scott says:

How can you just decide to not allow the general public to purchase the RBN6? This has to be one of parrots biggest mistakes. The RBN6 would fly off the shelves. This looked like it would have been the best unit on the market. I have been waiting months for the release and so have loads of others. DISAPPOINTED!!!

194. Luis Palmer says:

RIP Parrot engineer team , they created the top of the art car device , but the financial team says : no money for that !!! lets keep doing the asteroid shit devices !!! hahahaha

195. Joshua Dann says:

“As of today there is no plan to sell RNB6 in Aftermarket
    channels as RNB6 embedded technologies require deep integration with car
    series and manufacturers.”

WHAT?!? this is the worst car audio news I’ve heard in a long time. Parrot was finally doing something that needed doing badly. Now… you’re not doing it? This “deep integration” could easily be achieved with a programmable adapter like the iDatalink, or some in-house version with the same functionality. Everything you need is available via OBD2 and CANBUS. I understand the profitability of selling this to major auto manufacturers instead of just us plebeians, but what of all the thousands upon thousands of cars sold this year? We all have been salivating over the possibilities of a truly connected car, but waiting for auto makers to put it in a vehicle we like isn’t a viable solution. People want integrated android auto, people want a better interface, and people want the latest technology in their vehicles. People will buy the RNB6 if you make it available aftermarket. Even for lots and lots of money, if it’s as good as it looks. Alpine, Kenwood, and Pioneer are selling $1000+ head units like candy, and those pale in comparison to this one. abandoning the aftermarket is a terrible decision.

196. Andre says:

[July 2015 update] RNB6 project was showcased at CES Las Vegas in January 2015 (watch video below). This infotainment system was selected by several automakers who envision to integrate it in their next-generation car models next year and beyond. As of today there is no plan to sell RNB6 in Aftermarket channels as RNB6 embedded technologies require deep integration with car series and manufacturers. http://www.parrotautomotive.com

Well that ended sadly, sheesh, oh well. Time to buy my Pioneer F U Parrot.

197. Scott says:

Sad to see this won’t make it to market. I am, as were many many other people were planning on buying one these. #disappointed

198. Pissed@Parrot says:

No aftermarket release??? Totally stupid marketing practice by Parrot. You don’t bring a functional model to CES, state that it can be put into your current car, then pull the plug 7 months later after no word, and probably thousands of people looking for a release date. I would’ve thrown money at you, now I have to look at Pioneer or some crappy 3rd party chinese rebrand. Thanks for nothin Parrot!

• Alezis says:

read the top description : [July 2015 update] RNB6 project was showcased at CES Las Vegas in January 2015 (watch video below). This infotainment system was selected by several automakers who envision to integrate it in their next-generation car models next year and beyond. As of today there is no plan to sell RNB6 in Aftermarket channels as RNB6 embedded technologies require deep integration with car series and manufacturers.

199. Parrot, la seule firme qui nous propose un système d’infotainment automobile qu’on peut installer dans nos vieilles voitures pour profiter des nouvelles technologies dans nos classiques.

• Alezis says:

tu veux dire la seule firme qui nous ne propose PAS un système d’infotainment automobile qu’on peut installer dans nos vieilles voitures pour profiter des nouvelles technologies dans nos classiques. Le RNB6 ne sera jamais relâché au grand publique… aussi bien effacer ce forum…

• Ouais j’ai appris sa, mais il va falloir leur faire changer d’avis. Mais en même temps les constructeurs automobiles ne jouent pas le jeu, ils proposent leur système embarqué qui ne respecte aucune norme internationale et après Parrot ne peut pas vendre ses systèmes 2DIN donc ils ont dit on va balancer sa au constructeurs et sa a l’air de fonctionner, et peut-etre qu’une fois la norme remise en place ils proposeront un nouveau système. A suivre

• Alezis says:

reste que c’est malheureux pour nous les consommateurs, sa semblait être un produit vraiment spectaculaire… même le directeur de programme du RNB6 ne travail plus chez parrot https://fr.linkedin.com/pub/hocine-belkhoudja/24/923/a9a ce projet est vraiment mort…

c’est ce que je DÉTESTE des “concept”, sa sert absolument à rien pour nous les consommateurs… ces produits “concept” (tout comme les voitures et gadgets électronique) ne voient que rarement le jour…

Mon cœur aussi dit “à suivre” mais j’en doute fort… entre temps, je garde mon radio ridicule dans ma VW Jetta 2014 qui est à peine capable de passer une commande vocale pour faire un appel téléphonique…

• Quand un jour quelqu’un va lancer une bagnole “relativement” sans électronique, mais avec des slot normalisés, ou on pourra adapter nos propres systèmes qu’on à acheté chez tel ou tel constructeur, et qu’on pourra faire évoluer en fonctions des innovations qui sont beaucoup plus rapide dans le numérique que dans la mécanique.

Un jour peut-être !! Si j’arrive à vendre ce concept à des investisseurs d’ici quelques années pitetre que le marché automobile “grand public” moins fermé verra le jour.

Après tout on est jamais mieux servi que par soi-même 😉

200. Share King says:

Nice article. I’m interested for parrot RNB6. You may know the release date ??
    Thank you. http://www.beautifulsms.net/

• Alezis says:

it will never be release to the public, read the top description… “[July 2015 update] RNB6 project was showcased at CES Las Vegas in January 2015 (watch video below). This infotainment system was selected by several automakers who envision to integrate it in their next-generation car models next year and beyond. As of today there is no plan to sell RNB6 in Aftermarket channels as RNB6 embedded technologies require deep integration with car series and manufacturers.”

201. Raja Babu says:

i am feeling in love with this technology waiting http://whatsappstatus.org.in/

202. Yuri Perelman says:

Good way to get Android Auto or CarPlay into older cars, as well as non supporting manufacters, like Toyota/Scion/Lexus, discontinued GM brands, Mercury, and that’s about it.

• Alezis says:

absolutely not ! this radio will NEVER be released to the public… I don’t even know why this thread isn’t remove, it’s completely useless to the public…

203. Ryan says:

When is this going to be available, its been 8 months!

204. Nik2015 says:

When this product will come out ,2015,2016,2017 ??? ,People are waiting and waitng there not much inforamtion about product launch in USA ,loosing faith in Parrot

• Nik2015 says:

more info on the availability of the RNB6 will come later this year but when ??? later this year

I think parrot over committed about RNB6 , I’m thinking this product will not launch this year or at all

• Why are you guys commenting here and not reading the article itself? Parrot will NEVER release this. It’s said on top of this page, with a bold text :)

“[July 2015 update] RNB6 project was showcased at CES Las Vegas in January 2015 (watch video below). This infotainment system was selected by several automakers who envision to integrate it in their next-generation car models next year and beyond. As of today there is no plan to sell RNB6 in Aftermarket channels as RNB6 embedded technologies require deep integration with car series and manufacturers.www.parrotautomotive.com”

205. kmind76 says:

Thanks for awesome information i was looking for it http://boxofficetotalcollection.in/

206. Alexandre Marquinhos says:

So this will never release now?

207. phil purdy says:

so how does it control your climate control? I have my own project im starting and would like to integrate climate control into a windows based device, but i have never seen an aftermarket device that can do this. Also is tire pressure handled by obd2?

208. Jedadiah says:

All Parrot would have to do is scale back their more ambitious plans for deeper vehicle integration and specific module control, and merely release the newer hardware package as an updated head unit. The newest product they have, the Smart Asteroid, is horribly outdated, impossible to update, and cumbersome to use. Take this RNB6 as it is, even simplified a bit, and you’d have them flying off the shelves. Please. Just make anything that we can tinker with!

209. Sandip Mane says:

When is it coming to India????

210. rafibadar says:

Thanks for sharing useful information Live Cricket Score Ball By Ball

211. chad henry says:

For as much as you spend on a thing you’re better off getting a Kenwood one but Kenwood doesn’t support half the stuff and if you know anything about a Raspberry Pi are hummingbirds you’re better off making one yourself or just use a laptop

212. chad henry says:

Now there not going to be around any more figurs no one can stay in that market

213. rjelli says:

The jury shold take a look how you support your
    existing systems. The Asteroid Smart did not receive any update since
    more than 2 years, so its Android version is stone age and unsave. NEVER again a Parrot system!!!! Stay away!

214. KrishnaR says:

wow, most connected in-vehicle infotainment system really nice information, also many companies doing market research biz on different system like CMOS Camera Module, Automotive Smart Seating Systems and Automotive Display Systems.