How-to-pilot Rolling Spider

Parrot Rolling Spider

Discover Parrot Rolling Spider, an ultra-compact flying drone with impressive agility!

First, you need to download the free app Freeflight 3 on your smartphone or your tablet. (For devices compatibility, see below)

appstoreGoogleplay

Check is your drone is updated. If not, please go to our support web page (http://www.parrot.com/support/parrot-rolling-spider/)  to download the latest version directly from your computer. Then connect your Rolling Spider via the micro-USB cable.

parrot-rolling-spider-update-firmware

START YOUR ROLLING SPIDER:
  • Insert the fully charged battery
  • Please check that your device is compatible
  • Activate your Bluetooth on your tablet or smartphone
  • Open Freeflight App, Rolling Spider will connect automatically thanks to Bluetooth Low Energy

Check if your Rolling Spider is updated and start piloting by tapping on the “start” button on the home screen.

PILOTING SCREEN

Freeflight 3 has a minimalist and intuitive new interface.

Rolling Spider has 3 piloting modes:

• Normal: The easiest mode (for beginners). Default controls.  Lets you move the Rolling Spider with the accelerometer and turn with the joystick (located on the right side of the screen).

rs-normal

• Ace: The most advanced mode.  This mode allows you to control the Rolling Spider with just one finger!

rs-ace-1024x659

• Joypad: The joypad mode allows you to disable the use of the accelerometer.  This mode also allows you to take snapshots and record videos of the Rolling Spider in action with your device’s camera.  To do this, press the ‘Rec’ button and the videos will be automatically saved in the gallery.

rs-joypad

BASIC PILOTING:

Before every flight, be sure the Rolling Spider is placed on a flat surface, then press the ‘Flat Trim’ button once.

To start flying, press the ‘Take-off’ button.

The Rolling Spider remains stable in the air without touching any controls.

• To raise the Rolling Spider, slide your thumb up on the joystick located on the left side of the screen.
  • To lower the Rolling Spider, slide your left thumb down
  • To rotate the Rolling Spider, slide your left thumb to the right or to the left.

To move the Parrot Rolling Spider, just maintain your right thumb on the joystick and tilt the tablet/smartphone: forward, backward, left and right. (In ace mode and Joypad mode, maintain your left thumb instead).

SWIPE:

To change direction of your Rolling Spider quickly during flight, swipe your finger on the cross located on the right side of the screen.  Swipe right and left to perform 90 ° turns or swipe up and down to perform 180 ° turns.

FLIPS:

Rolling Spider can also perform flips. To enable this function, in the ‘flip’ menu, select the type of flip you want to perform then tap you finger 2 times quickly anywhere on the piloting screen to trigger the flip.

It is also possible to make a flip when the Rolling Spider is moving.

ADVANCED PILOTING

Rolling Spider comes with removable wheels which allow it to roll on the floor, up the walls and even across the ceiling!

Image3

ROLL ON THE FLOOR:

Wheels allow the Rolling Spider to roll on the floor:

To roll Rolling Spider on the floor, activate “Wheels” mode in the settings menu. Then, simply tilt the Rolling Spider forward or backward.

ROLL UP A WALL:

To roll the Rolling Spider up  a wall, gently approach maneuver Rolling Spider to the wall and gradually increase altitude while directing the drone up the wall.

vlcsnap-2014-07-18-15h35m36s61

ROLL ON THE CEILING:

To roll the Rolling Spider across the ceiling, gradually increase the altitude of the MiniDrone until you reach the ceiling, then slowly control it across the ceiling.

SETTINGS:
  • Max Altitude: In the Settings Menu of the FreeFlight 3 App, you can change and limit the maximum altitude for the Rolling Spider. That way, Rolling Spider will automatically stop when it reaches the desired altitude.
  • Max Tilt: In the Settings Menu, there is also a Max Tilt option that lets you set the maximum angle of inclination for the Rolling Spider.  This setting affects the acceleration, so the higher you set the inclination (or the tilt) – the faster the Rolling Spider’s speed will be.
  • Cut out: This option is  available in the Settings Menu to shut down the engines in the event of crash.
  • Name change: To change the name of your drone for easy recognition, use the name change function in the Settings menu.
FREE FALL TAKE-OFF:

The Rolling Spider has an exclusive free-fall take-off mode. Press the ‘Free Fall’  button, then as soon as you let go of the Rolling Spider, the engines will start automatically.

vlcsnap-2014-07-18-15h37m58s242

PHOTO :

On the piloting screen, press the ‘photo’ button to take snapshots with the vertical camera.

The photos are saved in the Rolling Spider’s memory which contains enough space for several hundred photos. To recover your photos, go to the context menu of the application and press Freeflight internal memory. Select the photos that you want to save and then press “transfer” to add them into your gallery.

gallery

TURN OFF ROLLING SPIDER:

on-off

PROPELLERS INSTALLATION:

Capture

COMPATIBILITY:

iOS 7.1 or later: http://www.parrot.com/compatibility/apple/Android : http://www.parrot.com/compatibility/android/
iPhone 4SAU SCL 22 (Jelly Bean 4.3)
iPhone 5Docomo SC-01 F (Jelly Bean 4.3)
iPhone 5CDocomo SC-02 F (Jelly Bean 4.3)
iPhone 5SDocomo Xperia Z2 (SO-03F) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
iPod Touch 5GGoogle Nexus 5 (D821) (Kit Kat 4.4.3
iPad miniHTC Desire 816 (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
iPad 3 RetinaHTC M8 (One) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
iPad AirHTC One (Jelly Bean 4.3)
HTC One 802w (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
HTC One M8 (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
HTC One Max (Jelly Bean 4.3)
HTC One Mini (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Huawei Ascend Y530 (Jelly Bean 4.3)
Kyocera C6725 (Hydro Vibe) (Jelly Bean 4.3)
LG G2 (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
LG Google Nexus 4 (E960) (Kit Kat 4.4.4)
LG L90 (D415) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
LG Lucid 3 (VS876) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
LG Nexus 5 (D820) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Motorola MOTO E (XT 1022) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Motorola Moto X (XT1060) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Motorola XT1032 (MOTO G) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102) (Jelly Bean 4.3)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900A) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Samsung Galaxy Note3 (SM-N9005) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Samsung Galaxy S4 4G (GT-i9505) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Samsung Galaxy S4 Advance (GT-i9506) (Jelly Bean 4.3)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-i9300) (Jelly Bean 4.3)
Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) (Jelly Bean 4.3)
Samsung SM-N9006 (Galaxy Note3) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
SoftBank 304SH (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Sony Xperia E1 (D2005) (Jelly Bean 4.3)
Sony Xperia SP (C5303) ( Jelly Bean 4.3)
Sony Xperia Z1 (C6903) (Jelly Bean 4.3)
Sony Xperia Z1 Mini (M51W) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Sony Xperia Z1s (C6916) (Jelly Bean 4.3)
Sony Xperia ZR (C5503) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Sony Xperia Z Ultra (C6806) (Jelly Bean 4.3)
Sony Xperia Z Ultra (C6833) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Asus Google Nexus7 (KitKat 4.4)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (Kit Kat 4.4.2)
Samsung Galaxy Tab pro
LG G3
Samsung Galaxy S3

SUPPORT : http://www.parrot.com/support/parrot-rolling-spider/

1. Ted Gostly says:

Does this really only have 8 minutes of battery life per charge? I was interested in this until I found that out. My walk between classes is longer than 8 minutes, so if I wanted it to fly with me, it would be out of battery before I even got to my next class?

2. 隆司 黒木 says:

Hou do I disconnect my Rolling Spider from my iPad?
    So, I want to change my RS connection to iPhone.

3. How many screws does Spider have? Because when my son crashed it one of the propellers was taken off and I found a tiny screw (the fifth one) on the magnetic motor. But I couldn’t find any other screw hole for the fifth screw.

4. Steve S says:

When I have my Rolling Spider’s wheels attached, and tap “Take Off” it generally rolls backwards rather than going straight up. Is there an adjustment I can make in the settings to stop this from happening?

5. JU571N says:

I can’t make any pics anymore (rolling spider) and can’t access “internal memory” in the app. :(

• Agustin Stacey says:

I know I can’t go to internal memory plz can someone help me?

• John D says:

same here. how do i take snapshots? where the hell is the ‘internal memory’?

• Agustin Stacey says:

Dude I know where the internal memory is, you have to connect the parrot to the Bluetooth and then in the app there is a thing that is in below the gallery, that it says “internal memory” so press there and you can see your pics and you can take snapshots by pressing the button at the right, I am going to post a picture

• John D says:

Thanks. I actually fixed that problem soon after I wrote this post. For some reason the ‘internal memory’ option was not appearing before. Anyway, problem fixed. What I still can’t do though, is take pictures from my phone’s camera while in joypad mode. I can take videos, but not stills. Is it supposed to be able to do that?

• Agustin Stacey says:

You have to press the button on the right on the top of the screen just that

• Ben Tsui says:

I can’t take photos in any mode – Ace, Joypad, or Normal

• Ben Tsui says:

Having same problem. Constantly “retrieving” but doesn’t connect.

• Ben Tsui says:

Same problem here

6. COBBAcrazy23 . says:

hey parrot i was just wondering why i cant stream the camera underneath the spider to my iphone it seems for something like this for a small drone it would make sense for this freature to be included and would be a great selling point thanks

7. Nelly Rahman says:

I think the pilot rolling spider is making thinking about plane. I can do it. if I have a software to controlling spider.

8. Henk-Jan Huisman says:

When Will the freeflight software run on windowsphone ?

9. David says:

Hi! Lately, after less than one month the date I bought it, the battery lasts less than two seconds. On the App it tells me that the battery is charged at (more or less) the 20%. Can you help me with that?

10. Atmaka says:

Hi, can I charge the Rolling Spider with my iPhone charger? Will it cause any side effects? Thanks

11. Simon Green says:

I think the rolling parrot is great fun. The first few times I flew it it lasted about 5-6 minutes with wheels which matches the description. However now, after about 10 uses, it is lasting less than 1 minute. The battery goes from 100% to 74% nearly instantly, and is at critical battery less than 1 minute later.

I have sent a message to support, and I am hoping that this can be resolved without any additional costs to me.

Support: my email is segreen23(at)gmail

12. kw1330 says:

Hi the firmware upgrade to 1.0.103 crashes from the App. It says u can do over USB, how?

13. Garth says:

I have had my spider for only a day and it will not hold a charge for even a minute this is ridiculous. Is there a fix for this or just poor craftsmanship?

• Tom says:

Charge then run to zero he might have to run it and floor to get it to zero do this about3 to 4 times and then it should start holding a charge and that must be done one right after another

14. Steve Lunay says:

Used it three times and battery won’t hold charge. Rip off.

15. Ruben Andrade says:

Hello, My RS isn’t connecting to my smartphone. I did everything as it says in quick start guide. My equipment is compatible with it. The app works flawlessly with JS but I am not able to connect the RS.

Can someone help me?

I use an ASUS ZENFONE 5

16. Shane Barry says:

Got 1 week out of the first battery had to buy more which took forever to get here now lets see how long this battery lasts the rolling spider is the biggest waste of money I have even blown

17. Shane Barry says:

New battery and props now one of the motor’s have died I can not believe it I am going to go to evey parrot forum I can find and post what a heap of this product is unless I get a reply on how this problem is going to be fixed without me spending even more money

18. Eamonn O'Connor says:

I am experiencing the same problem after only a week of use

19. Stephen says:

Experiencing the same battery issue as the others. Just got the thing 2 days ago from Brookstone. Parrot – what can I do?

20. Thomas says:

can someone please help me i got a parrot spider and it is not connecting to my iPad mini or Samsung Galaxy S4 mini..

21. Fabio Leoni says:

Hi
    After last firmware update, my rolling spider take off backwards, any idea ?
    Thanks

22. Ciborra says:

Hi,
    I can’t connect my new rolling spider to the freeflight3 App. I’m trying with an iPhone 5 (IOS 7.0.4) and with an iPad (IOS 8.0.2), and the App crashes in iPhone while trying to connect and in iPad never detects the drone… I updated the drone from v.1.0.80 to v1.0.103 and the problem is exactly the same…
    Any ideas??
    Thanks!

23. Chris says:

Nov. 28, 2014. My new rolling spider will not hold a charge. Fly time = 15 seconds. I hope it is a simple fix of a battery replacement.

24. Marco T says:

I think the battery problem caused by the latest firmware, after I updated it, my two batteries have the same problem, 99% to 4% in a sec. Cannot fly any more. Please let Parrot know this problem and issue the new one to recover it. Now my two batteries and the spider seems a rubbish. So poor!

• Arnaud says:

Exactly the same problem… I’m gonna exchange it from the store where I bought it, in order to have the old firmware version shipped with it…

• Parrot says:

Please contact our support team which should be able to help you: http://www.parrot.com/hotline

• Arnaud says:

Thank you for your answer. I did already contact your support team, who answered that the drone must be returned to the store, which was indeed my first idea.
          You should give public feedback about those battery issues rather than treating it like it is a case-by-case problem, otherwise customers will start to go for other brands.

25. mauricio says:

Can’t access the internal memory from the app, any solutions? This is a big problem

26. Ricardo Kh says:

It gets stuck while trying to retrieve the photos from the internal memory. And when i connect it to the computer it says that the internal memory is empty but still i have taken many pictures. Can someone help me?

27. Alan Li says:

I couldn’t connect my phone or find my drone, I had my Bluetooth on but it just not finding my drone.

Plz help, I was so looking forward to it, got a bit dissapointed after seeing all the comment

• DroneFlyer says:

same thing happened to me, because i didn’t have bluetooth 4.0. maybe you do. check that. i bought a smart phone at radio shack to use simply as a controller for the phone, costing only like forty dollars. just make sure it has new enough bluetooth software… works great.

28. Keith B says:

Rolling Spider purchased today connects fine to iPhone but NOT to iPad Air.Why is that?

29. Rafael2884 says:

I think the battery of the Rolling Spider, could be a battery that lasted at least 20 minutes, although the Rolling eSpider makes very many hard , do not think it worthwhile to charge the battery 1h and 30 min , to last for 6-8 minutes.
    I hope the company Parrot fix this problem.
    Thank You.

30. Keith B says:

Rolling Spider purchased four days ago-battery life is two minutes.E mail sent to Parrot tech support,awaiting response.No good is it?I’m waiting for a Bebop to be delivered- I hope I won’t have the same problem………Not at that price!

31. Karl says:

I just bought my parrot as a christmas present. Have to say I’m impressed it lasted all of 10minutes and now it won’t charge. What is up with the batteries parrot, why will my RS not charge. Bloody joke

32. Thoamas says:

I got a rolling spider drone for xmas and can’t even fly it with android or WP8.1 (i have a windows phone and an android tablet). Other people I know are using it fine with their iphones. Is there something I’m missing when using the other operating systems?

33. Tiago says:

Hi I was using very well the RS until one of the propellers got stacked and not spin any more, any suggestions what can I do?

34. Cedric says:

Unable o connect my drone to my phone (acer) nor my ipad…. Bleutooth is on etc…but no drone found :-S

35. Agustin Stacey says:

I can’t Take pictures with my rolling spider can someone help me?

36. Brent Swanee says:

So I just got the drone. Worked fine on my dads ipad but I have been unable to connect it to my iPhone 4s. I have tried the various things I have read online (disable location services, photos and putting my phone in airplane mode) but whenever I begin to auto connect to my rolling spider the app crashes/closes out when it gets to “sending all settings”. Any tips?

37. Veronica Tam says:

I kept tapping the camera and no pictures are taken. No internal memory icon is shown either

38. John D says:

Good Day to Everyone
    I just spent the past few days checking videos, reviews and all kinds of posts about the Rolling Spider. I am completely new to drones, and wanted to buy a relatively inexpensive yet well-built and technologically advanced quad-cop with which to learn the basics and have some genuine fun (before moving on to a bigger, more expensive and HD camera equipped drone later on).
    I’ve had the Rolling Spider for 3 days now, and have been playing with it a fair amount. Despite most users being happy with overall build, specs etc, I was getting increasingly worried about the numerous negative comments regarding battery life, easy damage and disappearing drones (flying away in the sky for no apparent reason).
    For this reason I have been very conservative so far, and have been using it ONLY indoors and WITH the wheels on at all times. I’m waiting for the extra propellers and an extra battery before I test it without the wheels and will PERHAPS take it outdoor.
    As for my experience, I have to say the drone is very well built, looks great, is very stable and is generally a lot of fun. Haven’t had battery problems (yet), and duration is pretty much as advertised. I am quite scared by the comments about the rolling spider flying off in the open, so before I move on to an outside environment I think I might try it in a factory/large gym. Just about 30 minutes ago I was flying it in my apartment and it completely ignored my 2.6m max height limit and flew right into the ceiling – promptly pushing the emergency button and having a ceiling to stop it prevented my minidrone from disappearing, but I can definitely see it ignoring your command and flying off in the open. Maybe its a software bug that needs to be fixed, but I seem to understand this has been a common problem with drones of all brands, sizes and price-tags (including DJI).

Anyway, keep the posts coming, and lets see if we can come up with more and more creative ways to use this fun-packed minidrone!

39. Mark Notten says:

I just got Rolling Spider. Battery was at 8% after a 20 second first flight. So I plugged it into a USB charger for 6 hrs now. Cannot connect to it and no eyes lit. When I disconnect then reconnect the USB I see first 2 eyes red, then one turns yellow then goes out and one stays red for several seconds.

It connects to FF3 for 5 seconds when I unplug the cable then plug it in again.

Tried all the obvious – cable and charger – Both seem fine.
    Any suggestions?

40. James says:

How do I connect to blue tooth? I turned the blue tooth on and off. It will not connect to my iPhone 6 or iPad 3, but the light on the drone turns green.

41. Felipelabbe says:

I had a “flyaway” and I can’t find it, it went into the wood. Is there any to locate it?

42. Alfonso M. Camacho says:

I can’t copy the update file into the parrot spider. It says it can’t read from the source or disk. I asumed it was a problem with my laptop, but I just tried from my pc and it says the same thing. Anyone having same issue?

43. Hector says:

I have bought my rolling spider a week ago and when is flying the lights on the eyes Turn yellow-orange and its not to stable, also the battery last less than 5 minutos

44. Ben Tsui says:

After a successful 1st flight, my Rolling Spider no longer takes photos. Also, when plugged into my computer, it is not recognized as USB.

I’m running the FreeFlight 3 app on an iPhobe 6 (iOS 8.1.2) and plugging into a Mac (OS X 10.10.1)

45. Steve says:

Pictures taken with rolling spider camera dated 1970! Anyone know how to change date?

46. geoff says:

Lg d686 will not run free flight. It just says cannot show video and nothing else. Any ideas?

47. Matt says:

My spider has a very hard time connecting to bluetooth. Very frustrating. Can never fly the thing because it wont connect to my phone…

48. Mike says:

My internal memory is stuck on retrieving the memory. My Freeflight 3 software is 3.1.25 and my rolling spider is 1.0.103 if that can helps. It also used to work when I first got it. Please help me!

49. dominoes30 says:

Hi, I am looking to buy a rolling spider and I have read all the comments on this page and they all say about the battery. Is the battery flaw in all of the mini drones or just because so many people bought the product instead of a flaw in 1/20 its 1/5. I had a problem with my sumo and am wondering if it’s worth buying a rolling spider. If the battery does fail can you get another one without additional cost? The battery problem has happened to me on almost all my r/c helicopters mostly from AirHogs.

Please reply
    dominoes30

• Chris Murray says:

Don’t bother! If the battery doesn’t get you the iPhone will! The controller is the worst I have ever seen.

50. Batman 007 says:

How can I fly with the Drone Academy?

51. Wally says:

how do you change setting for Altitude because will only go 12ft and no higher

52. ATB says:

this drone is a joke, changed the battery up for 1hr 30 mins and got about 30 seconds flight time, this has happened all of the three times ive used it, seriously flawed. pretty pissed off as you can tell.

53. Ray Bruinewoud says:

Proplem no.coneting to the Huawei g610 BL4.0
    Spider up to.date two green
    No coneting whit the phone
    Whats the problem ????

54. Nekit says:

Anyone help me. I am on 1.0.80.
    Need i update it for 1.97.0?

And sorry for my poor English.

• Ricardo Monteiro says:

Easy… :) plug in USB, copy file into massive store, and restart your divece and wait 1 minute (sorry my english)

55. Nekit says:

And also I have 1.0.80 and it works great! I think that Battery problem begins when you update it to 1.0.103

56. semih says:

can ı use rolling spider with asus zenfone 5

57. jasper says:

he i have one sinds yesterday but it is malfunctioning when you start it. it fly’s imeadiatly allover the place whithout beïng able to control it. does anyone know what to do

58. jasper says:

hi my drone is malfunctioning when you start it. it fly’s backwards and starts crashing into things. but when it starts stable the drone fly’s by it self the only things that work are the name tag and the emrgency stop button

59. jasper says:

hi my drone is not connecting to my Phone its compatible but it just wont connect can someone help me with that

60. DJ says:

Hi I just got the RS Drone 2 days ago. Battery very poor as expected. Initially the drone used to turn off with on/off switch but now the drone’s left eye led is always red and even though it disconnects from the app. I need to physically remove the battery to turn it off or else it stays on till the battery drains. Any suggestions???

61. wheelchairindia says:

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Side wheel Attachment

Keep Posting:)

62. turboroof says:

what is the “Flat Trim” button for?
    Also, does the “Road Map” feature in FreeFlight3 works for the Rolling Spider?

63. semih says:

64. semih says:

Hi I have another question can ı use Rolling Spider with Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 I will buy a new phone so I want to use Rolling Spider with my new phone.If can’t control ı won’t buy

65. semih says:

I will buy windows phone but Parrot says I shouldn’t update the Rolling Spider but I updated it how can I reset the Rolling Spider or how can I remove the update ?

66. jasper says:

he i have my drone for less then a month now and it really is malfunctioning because the first 10 sec in flight are ok but then it goes mental
    can you help me with this?

• Parrot says:

Hello, for all technical issues, wde recomend you to contact our support team: http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/parrot-rolling-spider/
      Our team will help you.

• Kempton says:

I would sincerely disregard this company as anything but customer support or service. They lost my drone, I shipped it to the address I was asked to and when they contacted me about my drone that I sent in they have done nothing to help me one way or another. I got a drone for a Christmas present last year, started having problems with it and contacted support back in January I sent it off and now it’s lost, no real proof I ever even got a rolling spider for a Christmas present other than a receipt for the drone and a receipt for the shipping to the repair facility.
        Hate this company!!!!!!

67. Segun Olubode says:

I ju

68. Segun Olubode says:

I just got my spider, and Im unable to charge the battery, the battery is so dead it won’t even power up … It’s barely 24hrs old

• Parrot says:

Hello, we are really sorry to read that.
      We recommend you to report it to your reseller for an exchange.

• Kempton says:

Hate this company!!!!!!!

69. Marcel Ruizendaal says:

Hi! I can’t record video from the camera of the drone. Is that normal, if not please someone tell me how to do it

70. wheelchairindia says:

side wheel attachment

Keep Posting:)

71. José Ponce says:

What’s wrong with the galaxy S4 active? the one that doesn’t get any updates… And also, what about PC control? just saying.

72. Guest says:

Hi

73. Haydar says:

Bought rolling spider 2 days ago
    And it’s battery last around 5 mins with or without wheels

74. Haydar says:

Is it an issue or just having 5 mins battery time??

75. Dani says:

Aaagggrrrrhhh! I still being in shock. Yesterday my Parrot drone has went out to the sky. In a few seconds after taking-off the drone has became uncontrollable, turned it’s engines to max power and disappeared in the sky. Me and my kids was searching it a couple hours the area around, but we did not found it. That was a ‘great’ culmination of our family’s outdoor party, on which I wanted to take a few pictures of us from above. I still very angry and depressed. BTW this Parrot drone was presented to me on my birthday by my company’s department collegues. What a …

• Parrot says:

Hi, we are really sorry for what happened.
      We recommend you contact our support team via our dedicated page : http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/ to report this issue.
      Please be as precise as you can when you’ll describe your problem.
      Our team will see what they can do for you.
      Kind regards,
      Parrot’s Team

• Kempton says:

Hate this company!!!

76. Dani says:

• Dani says:

In addition:
      The Firmware was up to date! (I’ve updated the Firmware version a week ago)
      I used my iPad mini 2 as a controller device.

77. István Kovács says:

My Drone gone to hell!
    What’s up this time? :O

78. István Kovács says:

Flew so high that I had not seen it! :( :/

• Parrot says:

Hi, we recommend you contact our hotline: http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/
      Our team will find a solution with you.

• Kempton says:

Hate this company!!!!!!!

• Parrot says:

Hello, we are really sorry to hear that. Can yo please tell us your case number so that we can investigate your case?
          Kind regards,
          Parrot’s Team

• Kempton says:

RMA Customer Information Request Case 286050 (original case number).
            USPS TRACKING # 9505 5111 7461 5005 4163 81
            2-day priority mail
            Expected delivery: Wed 01/07/15

• Kempton says:

RMA Customer Information Request Case 286050 (original case number).
            USPS TRACKING # 9505 5111 7461 5005 4163 81
            2-day priority mail
            Expected delivery: Wed 01/07/15
            I tracked the package from Cedar City, UT and it shows that it arrived in Southfield, MI at 10:28am on January 8 2015.

• Kempton says:

Yet again no reply what so ever

• Kempton says:

RMA Customer Information Request Case 286050 (original case number).
            USPS TRACKING # 9505 5111 7461 5005 4163 81
            2-day priority mail
            Expected delivery: Wed 01/07/15

• Kempton says:

RMA Customer Information Request Case 286050 (original case number).
            USPS TRACKING # 9505 5111 7461 5005 4163 81
            2-day priority mail
            Expected delivery: Wed 01/07/15
            I tracked the package from Cedar City, UT and it shows that it arrived in Southfield, MI at 10:28am on January 8 2015…

• Kempton says:

RMA Customer Information Request Case 286050 (original case number).

USPS TRACKING # 9505 5111 7461 5005 4163 81
            2-day priority mail
            Expected delivery: Wed 01/07/15

• Kempton says:

So now you have my information when will parrot be sending the drone off to me or do I have to wait another four months for any kind of response??

• Kevin Mooney says:

Same, just lost mine, gutted. It was 15-30m above me hovering… After a minute or so it started to climb even more. Expecting it to just fall out of the sky, it kept climbing. GONE!!!!!!

79. Drew Lill says:

My Parrot Rolling Spider won’t connect to my phone. I’ve tried updating it through the computer, It just starts at a red light, then it alternates yellow light between it’s 2 eyes. I have Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

80. bigrand1 says:

Been reading all this here and on other sites, about the lousy batteries, faulty software updates, and the drone heading straight up and disappearing. Very disappointing, to say the least. Really makes it hard to actually wanna buy one of these after hearing everything being said. So, as far as the batteries are concerned, what’s the consensus here? Good to go if I just buy some other batteries? Are they any better than the ones that come with the unit? Not really hearing what the deal is with the other two problems. Seems pretty universal, these issues. Does the company even acknowlege that there ARE these problems? From what I’ve heard, by all accounts, there doesn’t seem to be ANY customer service, and if someone actually does talk to a real live human, they are very rude to you and unhelpful! This is pretty sad. And has anyone else thought as they’ve read these same problems people are having here, that here and there someone from Parrot pops in briefly every once and awhile and instead of saying anything helpful at ALL, just says the same thing, ” Oh, we’re sorry to hear that. Check our website for help!”, etc. Blah, blah, blah!!! A little common sense tells me to stay FAR away from this stinker if or until something is done to address the common problems people are having with it at this point! Simple as that. Hey, if anything I’ve said is NOT true, set me straight here. I really wanted to get one of these, man, and I don’t want any of this to be true! Just doesn’t make sense to do it now after all this, to me, though.

81. Nicolaas De Schryver says:

My Parrot Rolling Spider blows the air up and not down. So the Parrot does not take off. Does someone has a solution?

82. Srinidhi Mysore Sridharamurthy says:

Could you please let us know how to use Road Map with Rolling Spider

83. eram gill says:

Hi .I have the rolling spider and we just got it. The battery runs out in 5 seconds. Can you please help me.

84. kv11 says:

Hi! I recently crashed my rolling spider by accident because it went out of control and now one of the propellers is not spinning as fast as the others, causing it to take of sideways and crash into a wall. Help?

• Parrot says:

Hi,

Are you sure the propeller isn’t just twisted? If it isn’t, it probably is a motor issue. This part is available on our online store: store.parrot.com

85. Víctor Manuel García-Guerrero says:

Hi, I can’t see the mounted disk when I plugged in my Rolling Spider in a Mac OS X and neither I can access to the memory. It stays searching in the memory a long time but never show the photos. I hope somebody can help me. Thanks in advance.

86. Tom Thieding says:

When I go to My Gallery it gives me a message: “Media – If you want to access your media gallery, enable it in your device’s settings.” There are no instructions in the user manual with a reference to this. Anyone have a clue as to what this means?

87. Sam Lawson says:

Mine is the same , same amount of time great

88. abdulla almuhairi says:

my parrot rolling spider is not taking off and not moving it’s only spinning around

89. abdulla almuhairi says:

I FOUND THE SOLUTION,SEE THE (PROPELLERS INSTALLATION) PART LITTLE UP, FOLLOW THE SAME INSTRUCTION AND IT WILL WORK THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL ONE

90. Alex says:

If u would like to see an unboxing and a review of this drone please go watch my video on it. YouTube channel is VSPSFilmz. Thanks

91. mitchell says:

my htc desire 510 has android 4.4.3 and Bluetooth 4.0 and i cannot connect to my parrot spider. i have to use my mothers samsung galaxy s5 to use it. Is there going to be a fix and more compatible devices at some stage.

92. Chloe says:

One of the propellers does not rotate at all!!! Just purchased it from Amazon not that long ago.. very disappointed!

93. Awesome Bmx guy says:

Can u actually take a video

94. Awesome Bmx guy says:

It just cut my chin and my finger like a minute ago

95. Andre says:

computer is not recognizing the drone… can’t download photos or videos to the computer. The freeflight3 app don’t show the photos that i took with the drone. lotsa problems here!

96. Hugo Carvalhal says:

Hello, I bought a few days ago to one minidrone parrot rolling spider.
    I wonder if there is a more powerful battery than the original that I can buy?

I’m having the same problem with the battery that many users.
    Is battery problem?

Will be the conexção?

How do I solve this problem?

I like the product and do not want to return because of this problem.

97. Angelina says:

I just bought one parrot spider for my son.he loves it but today when he played with it after few minutes, it rolled all the time it doesn’t matter which Botton you press it just flipped on the floor!!! Please help me . What can I do to stop that??
    Thanks

98. Josh Miller says:

I’m really enjoying my spider but purchased new propellers and have done something wrong to it… It now won’t take off and it seems like the propellers are heading in the wrong direction. It’s almost like it’s stuck to the ground. Any suggestions or fixes?

99. Josh Miller says:

I just replaced the propellers on my spider and now it seems to not be able to fly… Almost like they’re moving in the wrong direction. Help or suggestions would be appreciated.

100. juan says:

The Smartphone galaxy s3 mini GT-i8190L is compatible for to control the Rolling Spider?

101. Juan says:

102. Rasim says:

Hi, i’m a parrot user almost a year now. I was able to use my parrot without any problems until couple of months ago. Now it’s not connecting automatically. Can you help me with this problem? What should I do?

103. Sanjay Poddar says:

Hi
    After all the comparison and reading got my RollingnSpider in India at an exorbitant price of 200$…just to know that any of latest smartphone or tab (Xperia Z3, iPhone 6, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xiaomi mi4, Lenovo ideapad) we have at home is not compatible and I have to get an old and outdated phone to fly my drone.

Isn’t there a way to connect the newer phones to the Drone

104. Dhanush Rl says:

Hi, Is there a joystick that I can buy to fly my rolling spider? I’m not very comfortable with my iphone and the drone is never in control

105. Eric says:

Do you guys sell batteries that last longer for the rolling spider?

106. Cuau Lemus A says:

Mine was set the Max Altitude to 4m and didn’t stop… never see it again :(

107. Help me says:

Just got the spider. Updated fine. I see that it is connected with the Bluetooth, but I cannot figure out how to get to the screen to fly it. Was fine yesterday. Today when I open the App it goes to the main screen where you can buy a flight plan or watch the tutorials. I signed up for the free account thinking that would help. I can see my drone on the menu and my flight from yesterday but no start button or anything like that. Tried turning off Bluetooth and turning it back on. Any suggestions? Seems like an app issue.

108. Luis Diego Jimenez Odio says:

Snd

109. Luis Diego Jimenez Odio says:

My rolling spider wont charge the batery will only last around 2 seconds even though in the app it says its fully charged
    Please someone help

110. zukozo says:

Why rolling spider doesnt work on galaxy s4 bluetooth problem

111. Ihearyah says:

can you access the Parrot MiniDrone Rolling Spider camera with cylon.js

112. James Caouette says:

Doe anyone know if you can use a droid turbocharger to charge the battery..? Could it damage the battery if you did?

113. Manny Balsamides Jr says:

one propeller wil not spin? And is tight even when not one?

114. Bill Rolke says:

I was just bought mine today and was out flying and it lost Bluetooth connection and just flew away. Very upset.

115. Gavin says:

Can you do on the rolling spider indoors and with the wheels?

116. Gavin says:

Can you do flips indoors and with the wheels?

117. caitlyn basso says:

how do you take video with it just keeps recording from m phone camera

118. Stijn Timmer says:

Hey i have bin enjoying your drone for 2 weeks now but one of the four engines stopped Working i am really sad
    i loved this little boy is there any way there can be taken a look at i still got the box and i am willing to pay for a new motor

Love

119. Eleson Tan84 says:

I want to take snapshot from my rolling spider but it doesn’t work?

120. jon man says:

I have had the airborne cargo since late december and i have loved it. Unfortunately it suffered a crash last night and now is completely uncontrollable. When i hit the take off button it takes off and doesnt stop. I have held the power button for 20 seconds to reset it and reset my settings in the app at least 6 times and it still has the same problem. Does anyone have a fix for this situation?