Discover Parrot Rolling Spider, an ultra-compact flying drone with impressive agility!
First, you need to download the free app Freeflight 3 on your smartphone or your tablet. (For devices compatibility, see below)
Check is your drone is updated. If not, please go to our support web page (http://www.parrot.com/support/parrot-rolling-spider/) to download the latest version directly from your computer. Then connect your Rolling Spider via the micro-USB cable.
- Insert the fully charged battery
- Please check that your device is compatible
- Activate your Bluetooth on your tablet or smartphone
- Open Freeflight App, Rolling Spider will connect automatically thanks to Bluetooth Low Energy
Check if your Rolling Spider is updated and start piloting by tapping on the “start” button on the home screen.
Freeflight 3 has a minimalist and intuitive new interface.
Rolling Spider has 3 piloting modes:
- Normal: The easiest mode (for beginners). Default controls. Lets you move the Rolling Spider with the accelerometer and turn with the joystick (located on the right side of the screen).
- Ace: The most advanced mode. This mode allows you to control the Rolling Spider with just one finger!
- Joypad: The joypad mode allows you to disable the use of the accelerometer. This mode also allows you to take snapshots and record videos of the Rolling Spider in action with your device’s camera. To do this, press the ‘Rec’ button and the videos will be automatically saved in the gallery.
Before every flight, be sure the Rolling Spider is placed on a flat surface, then press the ‘Flat Trim’ button once.
To start flying, press the ‘Take-off’ button.
The Rolling Spider remains stable in the air without touching any controls.
- To raise the Rolling Spider, slide your thumb up on the joystick located on the left side of the screen.
- To lower the Rolling Spider, slide your left thumb down
- To rotate the Rolling Spider, slide your left thumb to the right or to the left.
To move the Parrot Rolling Spider, just maintain your right thumb on the joystick and tilt the tablet/smartphone: forward, backward, left and right. (In ace mode and Joypad mode, maintain your left thumb instead).
To change direction of your Rolling Spider quickly during flight, swipe your finger on the cross located on the right side of the screen. Swipe right and left to perform 90 ° turns or swipe up and down to perform 180 ° turns.
Rolling Spider can also perform flips. To enable this function, in the ‘flip’ menu, select the type of flip you want to perform then tap you finger 2 times quickly anywhere on the piloting screen to trigger the flip.
It is also possible to make a flip when the Rolling Spider is moving.
Rolling Spider comes with removable wheels which allow it to roll on the floor, up the walls and even across the ceiling!
Wheels allow the Rolling Spider to roll on the floor:
To roll Rolling Spider on the floor, activate “Wheels” mode in the settings menu. Then, simply tilt the Rolling Spider forward or backward.
To roll the Rolling Spider up a wall, gently approach maneuver Rolling Spider to the wall and gradually increase altitude while directing the drone up the wall.
To roll the Rolling Spider across the ceiling, gradually increase the altitude of the MiniDrone until you reach the ceiling, then slowly control it across the ceiling.
- Max Altitude: In the Settings Menu of the FreeFlight 3 App, you can change and limit the maximum altitude for the Rolling Spider. That way, Rolling Spider will automatically stop when it reaches the desired altitude.
- Max Tilt: In the Settings Menu, there is also a Max Tilt option that lets you set the maximum angle of inclination for the Rolling Spider. This setting affects the acceleration, so the higher you set the inclination (or the tilt) – the faster the Rolling Spider’s speed will be.
- Cut out: This option is available in the Settings Menu to shut down the engines in the event of crash.
- Name change: To change the name of your drone for easy recognition, use the name change function in the Settings menu.
The Rolling Spider has an exclusive free-fall take-off mode. Press the ‘Free Fall’ button, then as soon as you let go of the Rolling Spider, the engines will start automatically.
On the piloting screen, press the ‘photo’ button to take snapshots with the vertical camera.
The photos are saved in the Rolling Spider’s memory which contains enough space for several hundred photos. To recover your photos, go to the context menu of the application and press Freeflight internal memory. Select the photos that you want to save and then press “transfer” to add them into your gallery.
|iOS 7.1 or later: http://www.parrot.com/compatibility/apple/||Android : http://www.parrot.com/compatibility/android/|
|iPhone 4S||AU SCL 22 (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|iPhone 5||Docomo SC-01 F (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|iPhone 5C||Docomo SC-02 F (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|iPhone 5S||Docomo Xperia Z2 (SO-03F) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|iPod Touch 5G||Google Nexus 5 (D821) (Kit Kat 4.4.3|
|iPad mini||HTC Desire 816 (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|iPad 3 Retina||HTC M8 (One) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|iPad Air||HTC One (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|HTC One 802w (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|HTC One M8 (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|HTC One Max (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|HTC One Mini (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Huawei Ascend Y530 (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|Kyocera C6725 (Hydro Vibe) (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|LG G2 (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|LG Google Nexus 4 (E960) (Kit Kat 4.4.4)|
|LG L90 (D415) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|LG Lucid 3 (VS876) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|LG Nexus 5 (D820) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Motorola MOTO E (XT 1022) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Motorola Moto X (XT1060) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Motorola XT1032 (MOTO G) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7102) (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900A) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Samsung Galaxy Note3 (SM-N9005) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 4G (GT-i9505) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 Advance (GT-i9506) (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-i9300) (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|Samsung SM-N9006 (Galaxy Note3) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|SoftBank 304SH (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Sony Xperia E1 (D2005) (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|Sony Xperia SP (C5303) ( Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|Sony Xperia Z1 (C6903) (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|Sony Xperia Z1 Mini (M51W) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Sony Xperia Z1s (C6916) (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|Sony Xperia ZR (C5503) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Sony Xperia Z Ultra (C6806) (Jelly Bean 4.3)|
|Sony Xperia Z Ultra (C6833) (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Asus Google Nexus7 (KitKat 4.4)|
|Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (Kit Kat 4.4.2)|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab pro|
|Samsung Galaxy S3|