Discover the Parrot Jumping Sumo, a connected robot with a strong personality. With it, each element of your surroundings becomes a challenge.
First, you need to download the free app (Freeflight 3) on your smartphone or your tablet.
Please launch FreeFlight 3 app with internet connection (Wifi or 3G), then go to the menu “Update” . If a new version of the firmware is available, it will be detected and downloaded automatically.
Then, when you will reconnect to the Jumping Sumo wifi, you can launch the downloaded update file.
To download the firmware on your computer, go to our support web pages : http://www.parrot.com/support/parrot-jumping-sumo Choose the latest version, click download and put the file into a Mini-usb key. Then, just connect the mini-usb key to your Jumping Sumo to make the update and leave your robot a short moment until it restarts.
- Insert the fully charged battery
- Activate your Wi-Fi on your tablet or smartphone
- In the network menu, select “Jumping Sumo”
- Upon connection, its LED turns green and it moves: Your Sumo Jumping is ready!
Now, open the Freeflight 3 app.
Check if your Jumping Sumo is updated and start piloting by tapping “start” button on the home screen.
If your smartphone does not support connection to the 5GHz Wi-Fi band, you have the option of manually switching the network generated by the Parrot Jumping Sumo to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band without using the application. To do this, press down for 3 seconds on the On/Off button.
Freeflight 3 has a minimalist and intuitive new interface. On the piloting screen you can find:
- A left joystick to move forward and backward
- An emergency button if you want to stop the jumping instantly
- Custom animations menu
- Swipes that allows you to turn very fast
- Position button (Jumper/Kicker/Autobalance)
Jumping Sumo is very easy to pilot
To make your robot drives forward or back, just slide your thumb on the left joystick.
To control the direction of the Jumping Sumo, tilt your smartphone or tablet to the left and the right. You can turn very fast if you go likes this and be precise if you tilt very slightly.
To make a quarter turn in less than a second, swipe with your finger on the right side of the screen.
Also, swipe your finger up and down (on the right side of the screen) to make a 180 ° turn (u-turn).
- To jump with your Jumping Sumo, simply press this icon on the top-right of the screen.
- To perform a long jump, press the “long jump” icon
It is also possible to jump during movement. For this, pre-charge the jump by sliding “long jump” icon on the left. Then trigger the jump by tapping the long-jump button while the drone is moving.
Jumping Sumo has adjustable wheels for 2 piloting experiences:
The wheels open give Jumping sumo a greater stability in high-speed.
But if you re-tract them, it enhance agility and allows you to drive through narrow areas.
Jumping Sumo has 3 piloting modes: Jumper, Kicker and Autobalance.
By pressing once on this button the Jumping turns back. And staying press on this button, the drone switches to autobalance mode that allows you to ride on uneven surface such as carpet, bed…
You can use the power of the Jumping to kick objects. To do this, sets the jumping backwards and precharge a jump before an object. Finally activate the jump to shoot in it.
Several fun animations are prerecorded in the jumping sumo. To activate them, go into the animation menu and select one. Then, the drone will run it automatically!
Here is the first tricks that you can already do:
- Slow shake
These animations can be performed while the drone is moving.
In the settings menu, you can:
- Change the name of your drone for easy recognition
- Choose the sound of the animation and the sound volume
- Modify max speed
- Modify max turn speed
- Modify neutral rotation speed
You can also record videos and take pictures! To do this, connect any micro USB key that has at least 100Mb available to the head of the Jumping Sumo.
- To take a photo, click on the “Photo” icon on the piloting screen.
- To record a video, click on the “Rec” icon at the top of the screen, to stop the video simply press the icon a second time.
You can download your videos and photos from the Photo Gallery via WiFi onto your Smartphone or Tablet. Select the video or image you want to save and click Download. You can also connect the mini USB key to your computer.
The “road map” allows you to schedule a course with acrobatics .
- To make a road plan, select in the homescreen of the app “Road Plan”.
- To add actions, swipe the icons in the list to the right of your screen. To change variables (duration, length ..), click on the items in the list. The simulated path appears then on the left side of the screen. To start the course, click on the “play” icon.
[table id=6 /]